Athenaze → Hansen & Quinn

I tried to log into Textkit from my phone earlier, but my password wasn’t working. Wanted to let you know that we wouldn’t be meeting today because of a personal issue. Couldn’t send it to the forum.

I hope that you didn’t show up and get disappointed. I wish I had you on Facebook Messenger so that you would receive updates immediately. :frowning:

Hope to see you next week!

Jason

Hi Jason!

Thanks for the notice, everything is all right. The next two Mondays I will be away from my computer, but on the 31st, I will love to join!

best,
C

τὴν ἀπόκρισίν σου ἐδεξάμην. We will meet again tomorrow. Hopefully see you on 31 July. :slight_smile:

Well, July 31 isn’t going to work out. I’ve got to be out of town today. Rain check for next week? We’ll be starting the readings for chapter 29 — which is HUGE!

https://www.thehebrewcafe.com/greek/athenaze/readings/chapter29.html

We have finished the α-ε readings in chapter 29. Next week, we meet to go over the exercises from both the English and Italian versions (Exercise 29α, Exercise 29a, 29d, and 29e). Then we have two long reading passages from chapter 29 before heading into chapter 30 and the end of the book.

It’s been a long and enjoyable journey, and we’re almost finished with Athenaze! We talked about working through Greek: An Intensive Course (Hansen & Quinn), but I think we will focus on Lucian’s The Ass immediately after this course. We’re kinda tired of grammar translation, I think.

The text we’ll be using is:

Evan Hayes and Stephen Nimis (2012). Lucian’s the Ass: an intermediate reader; Greek text with running vocabulary and commentary (Revised First). Faenum Publishing.
https://www.amazon.com/Lucians-Ass-Intermediate-Vocabulary-Commentary/dp/0983222827

You’re welcome to join us in our reading and sharing of the text.

We’re finishing Athenaze next Monday. We will then begin reading Lucian’s The Ass together.

https://a.co/d/eYzheHE

When and how often do you guys read?

Every Monday (with some interruptions) at midnight (Israeli time). That is Mondays at 5:00pm EST (New York City).

First reading session on Lucian is tomorrow at 12:00am in Tel Aviv, which is 5:00pm in New York.