Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Logodaedalus
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by Logodaedalus »

Salvēte omnēs!
I'm Logodaedalus, an italian law student. Maybe we've already met on Discord or Telegram or Twitter. I studied classics in high school and during the pandemy I picked up again latin out of boredom. Now I can read and write it fairly well.
Scientia est potentia.
Histologion: Logodaedalī Aurifodīna

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Introduction

Post by jeidsath »

Welcome. After your intro email, I read the first essay on your Substack, which I loved.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Logodaedalus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Logodaedalus »

Thank you very much! Which one did you read?
Scientia est potentia.

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

The one about hidden books. I could understand most but not all (write it in Greek and I'll get a lot more).
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Logodaedalus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Logodaedalus »

Ah yes! Dē occultīs librōrum! It’s not the first I’ve written though. The first “article”, a very short sort of dialogue, is probably incomprehensible or boring to non-italian readers.
Scientia est potentia.