I present my ebook Fabula Murium for the pleasure of my fellow Latinists.

This board is a composition workshop, like a writers' workshop: post your work with questions about style or vocabulary, comment on other people's work, post composition challenges on some topic or form, or just dazzle us with your inventive use of galliambics.
DoctorBadger
Textkit Neophyte

I present my ebook Fabula Murium for the pleasure of my fellow Latinists.

Post by DoctorBadger »

The download link:
http://www.professorbuddy.co.uk/mus.html
I hope you enjoy it. It's kind of a cross between Wind in the Willows and Trainspotting, but less visceral than the latter!

If you haven't got time to read anything new in Latin, the preface is essentially a short essay on fable and making epubs.

The Latin should be readable by an undergraduate.

Any helpful feedback would be gratefully in received.

rubecula

NolanusTrismegistus
Textkit Neophyte

Re: I present my ebook Fabula Murium for the pleasure of my fellow Latinists.

Post by NolanusTrismegistus »

Congratulations on publishing the book!

I've enjoyed reading the preface in English (My Latin isn't strong enough yet, but I've added Fabula Murium to my reading list).

I'm curious, for proofreading and editing, was it just you, or did anyone else help? I've often wondered what it might be like to seek out modern Latin editors.

Regarding EPUBs, as someone who's published his own in the past, I definitely feel your pain. I found that jumping down into the source is extremely useful and not something needing too much technical skill (an application like Sigil makes this easy). Epub are just a variation on HTML / XML, and can take CSS stylesheets, so you can generalize a lot of your formatting decisions. What was your process like for producing the EPUB?