Scipio Africanus's epitaph

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Antonius Calvus
Textkit Neophyte

Scipio Africanus's epitaph

Post by Antonius Calvus »

The legendary Scipio Africanus, conqueror of Hannibal, died in exile because of accusations of corruption. Bitter and broken, he reportedly ordered a famous inscription on his tomb just before his death. Here's what Valerius Maximus tells us in his fifth book on memorable deeds and sayings (5.3.2):
eiusque uoluntarii exilii acerbitatem non tacitus ad inferos tulit, sepulcro
suo inscribi iubendo 'ingrata patria, ne ossa quidem mea habes'.
I would translate the inscription as "ungrateful fatherland, you do not even have my bones". But I have also seen the translation "you will not even have my bones", and on the internet one can find plenty of Latin quotes that say ne ossa quidem mea habebis. I have not seen the latter example in any full Latin text though.

Here's are my questions:

1. Has anyone here ever seen habebis in a full text?

2. Even if habes is the correct version, would it still be possible to translate it as "you will" because of something idiomatic that I have missed, or would that simply be a loose translation taking some liberties?
Fures privatorum furtorum in nervo atque in compedibus aetatem agunt, fures publici in auro atque in purpura.