Hello!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Maximos
Textkit Neophyte

Hello!

Post by Maximos »

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been learning Ancient Greek for about a year now, reading through most of the Italian Athenaze (up to about Ch. 27 or so), all of the Thrasymachus reader, and a good chunk of JACT's Reading Greek, as well as taking courses with the Biblical Language Center in spoken Koine during that time. I've only just recently started out on my own on the journey of reading full, authentic, unadapted texts. My ultimate goal is to be reading the Bible and the Church Fathers with (relative?) ease. But I also like reading earlier works, particularly if it involves philosophy (which is my academic background, with a classics minor)!

For related reasons, I'm also likely to start re-learning Latin soon -- I learned it many years ago, but didn't keep it up (the errors of youth!), and now want to get it back. Having learned it before, I'm hoping that picking it up will be not-too-painful, but I suppose we'll see! Either way, I expect this forum will be helpful for all such endeavors. :)

Thanks for having me!

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Hello!

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit!

JasonBaker
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Hello!

Post by JasonBaker »

Welcome to paradise :D