Salvēte

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
starrynights
Textkit Neophyte

Salvēte

Post by starrynights »

Hello! I'm currently studying Latin, and have been reading authors such as Cicero, Livy and Seneca as part of my course. Additionally, I have an interest in Augustan poetry, particularly the Aeneid. I look forward to contributing to discussion on this forum, and will definitely learn a lot about Latin along the way! Thanks :)

JasonBaker
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Salvēte

Post by JasonBaker »

Welcome to the club! Do you have a favorite author yet?

starrynights
Textkit Neophyte

Post by starrynights »

Hi and thank you for the welcome! At the moment I quite like Seneca - I've read a few of his Epistles in Latin, and find the philosophical aspects intriguing. What about you?

JasonBaker
Textkit Neophyte

Post by JasonBaker »

starrynights wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:11 am Hi and thank you for the welcome! At the moment I quite like Seneca - I've read a few of his Epistles in Latin, and find the philosophical aspects intriguing. What about you?
I love Seneca! I love all the classical authors such as Cicero, Virgil, Horace, Livy and the rest. I can't choose who I like the best, just depends if I am in the mood for Poetry, Philosophy or something else. Am finally getting around to reading Amphitryo Comoedia by Plautus. Have had it for years but kept getting distracted by other books.