Two New Memrise Latin Courses

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
JasonBaker
Textkit Neophyte

Two New Memrise Latin Courses

Post by JasonBaker »

Salvēte omnēs! I recently created 2 Memrise courses with over 1,200 Latin words per course including custom audio, One is for the Cambridge Latin Course and contains every stage of all 4 Cambridge books/units and the other is for the book A Primer Of Ecclesiastical Latin. For each course I made sure to include all noun info (i.e. Māter, Mātris, f.) and verb principal parts right from the get go.

Would this be the appropriate forum section to link those courses or is that frowned upon here? (I am new)

Those are the only 2 courses I am doing anytime soon so I promise not to SPAM the forum with such material.

Thanks!

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Two New Memrise Latin Courses

Post by jeidsath »

Hello, the registration email advice is "Please avoid links or self-advertisement until you have contributed to the community for a little while." The old explicit rules used to specify 10 posts before any links were allowed, but things are a bit more loosey-goosey now.

Here, as Memrise is not a free platform, I would suggest that you contribute to the community a bit, ie. 10 posts, before linking to it.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

JasonBaker
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Two New Memrise Latin Courses

Post by JasonBaker »

Thank you very much for the info, I'll hold off for several days until I have been here longer and have posted more. The courses I made are 100 percent free though from start to finish since they are community made and not official Memrise courses.

I look forward to browsing these forums!