New Research Finding Possible Links Between Linear A and Linear B

Lukas
Textkit Enthusiast

New Research Finding Possible Links Between Linear A and Linear B

Post by Lukas »

I hope I have this in the right section, and hopefully it will be interesting for some: There has been new research which may show some links between Linear A and Linear B: https://greece.greekreporter.com/2021/0 ... -research/
Dr. Ester Salgarella explains “Collecting the Linear A inscriptions in a unified database is of paramount importance to be able to answer sophisticated paleographical and linguistic questions about the Linear A script as well as the Minoan language it encodes, which will help us reconstruct the socio-historical context of the Minoan civilization.”
Λουκᾶς

will.dawe
Textkit Fan

Re: New Research Finding Possible Links Between Linear A and Linear B

Post by will.dawe »

TLTR: Dr. Simon Castellan says that the work goes on but there is no breaking news.

I always admire the ability of reporters to write long text with minimal information. Particularly, this article contains meaningful text in the last part (section 'Logograms, place names are important clues…'), though it says nothing new. Links between Linear A and B were noted long ago, but these scripts serve two different languages, and the earliest one is unknown. Wikipedia is more informative.
Two verses he could recollect // Of the Æneid, but incorrect.