Pompeii: The Thermopolium of Regio V

seneca2008
Textkit Zealot

Pompeii: The Thermopolium of Regio V

Post by seneca2008 »

This seems to be hitting the news on France 24.

"The Thermopolium of Regio V, one of the snack bars at Pompeii, complete with an image of a Nereid riding a sea-horse, which had previously been partially excavated in 2019, re-emerges in its entirety, with other rich decorative still lifes, food residues, animal bones and victims of the eruption."

The videos on this site are in Italian but it looks that there is a translation on you tube.

http://pompeiisites.org/en/comunicati/t ... -eruption/

NICIA CINAEDE CACATOR appeals to my anarchic inner schoolboy. :D
Persuade tibi hoc sic esse, ut scribo: quaedam tempora eripiuntur nobis, quaedam subducuntur, quaedam effluunt. Turpissima tamen est iactura, quae per neglegentiam fit. Et si volueris attendere, maxima pars vitae elabitur male agentibus, magna nihil agentibus, tota vita aliud agentibus.

truks
Textkit Member

Re: Pompeii: The Thermopolium of Regio V

Post by truks »

Hi Seneca,

I see there's also a documentary on Italian Rai 2 this evening at 9 p.m. local time with footage of some of the latest finds. The blurb reads:

'Rai Documentari invita il grande pubblico a scoprire il sito archeologico più importante d'Europa con un documentario che ricostruisce, grazie ad una dettagliata fiction, le circostanze e gli ultimi momenti di vita delle vittime ritrovate durante i recentissimi scavi. Immagini esclusive che restituiscono, in soggettiva, gli eventi delle ultime ore di Pompei.'