Online: Fratris Felicis Fabri Evagatorium (Vol. 2)

Latin after CDLXXVI
Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Online: Fratris Felicis Fabri Evagatorium (Vol. 2)

Post by Carolus Raeticus »

Salvete!

At last, my transcription of the 3rd and final volume of Fratris Felicis Fabri Evagatorium in Terrae Sanctae, Arabiae et Egypti Peregrinationem is finished. This volume covers his journey from the border of Egypt to Cairo and from there via Alexandria and Venice back home. The e-book can be accessed via Project Gutenberg:
This was a very long project, but it was well worth the journey (in every meaning of the word). It is one thing to read about history, and still quite another to read an actual account of how it was like to make a long journey in the late 15th century.

I can absolutely recommend this text, even more so because it is fairly easy to read (at least compared to texts in classical Latin).

I hope people will enjoy it. Please share its being available for free at Project Gutenberg.

Valete,

Carolus Raeticus
Sperate miseri, cavete felices.

Aetos
Textkit Zealot

Re: Online: Fratris Felicis Fabri Evagatorium (Vol. 2)

Post by Aetos »

Well done, Carole! Thank you very much for seeing this huge project through to its completion. What's next?

mwh
Textkit Zealot

Post by mwh »

Yes, congratulations! A very good thing to have.
Recently I’ve been sampling The Oxford Handbook of Neo-Latin, and Victoria Moul’s Guide, as well as various selections. It’s such a rich field! In my first teaching job I was assigned to teach Buchanan’s Jepthes, which was completely unknown to me. Do you have another project in mind? How about some neolatin letters, always interesting. Most of the good ones have been published, but surely not all? Some early academic ones, perhaps?

Carolus Raeticus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carolus Raeticus »

I have not yet settled on a specific transcription project, but I certainly will tackle one. But I am not sure yet, whether to transcribe a text for beginners (that would be most likely Mons Spes et novellae aliae by Arcadius Avellanus), a Latin translation of a Greek text, or perhaps one from the "something completely different"-section (certainly not a classical text).

Vale,

Carolus Raeticus
Sperate miseri, cavete felices.