Familia Romana Cap IV - Pensum C

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Post Reply
Pianophile
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Familia Romana Cap IV - Pensum C

Post by Pianophile » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:04 pm

Are these the kind of answers expected?

Quot nummi sunt in sacculo Iulii? - In sacculo Iulii decem nummi sunt.
Adestne Davus in scaena prima? - Davus in scaena prima non est (abest).
Quis Davum vocat? = Medus Davum (eum) vocat.
Suntne nummi Iulii in sacculo Davi? - Nummi Julii in sacculo Davi non sunt.
Quid Iulius ponit in sacculo Davi? - Unus nummus Iulius in sacculo Davi ponit.
Quot nummi iam in sacculo Iulii sunt? - Tantum novem nummi iam in sacculo Iulii sunt.
Estne vacuus sacculus Medi? - Sacculus Medi vacuus non est.
Cur Medus discedit? - Quia Medus pecuniam Iulii habet.
Quem Iulius vocat? - Iulius (Is) Medum vocat.
Cur Medus Iulium non audit? - Quia Medus abest.

User avatar
bedwere
Global Moderator
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: Didacopoli in California
Contact:

Re: Familia Romana Cap IV - Pensum C

Post by bedwere » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:13 pm

Pianophile wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:04 pm

Unus nummus Iulius in sacculo Davi ponit.
Where's the object here?

Pianophile
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Re: Familia Romana Cap IV - Pensum C

Post by Pianophile » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 pm

bedwere wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:13 pm
Pianophile wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:04 pm

Unus nummus Iulius in sacculo Davi ponit.
Where's the object here?
Unum nummum - hopefully the correct answer.

User avatar
Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot
Posts: 1206
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: Familia Romana Cap IV - Pensum C

Post by Barry Hofstetter » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Pianophile wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 pm
bedwere wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:13 pm
Pianophile wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:04 pm

Unus nummus Iulius in sacculo Davi ponit.
Where's the object here?
Unum nummum - hopefully the correct answer.
Yes, you wanted the accusative there.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
The Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Pianophile
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Re: Familia Romana Cap IV - Pensum C

Post by Pianophile » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:14 pm

Barry Hofstetter wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:26 pm
Pianophile wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 pm
bedwere wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:13 pm


Where's the object here?
Unum nummum - hopefully the correct answer.
Yes, you wanted the accusative there.
Thanks, Barry. Not sure why I stumbled over that one. Just been looking at Cap V and my heart sank! :-)
Last edited by Pianophile on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot
Posts: 1206
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: Familia Romana Cap IV - Pensum C

Post by Barry Hofstetter » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:31 pm

Just finishing up that chapter with my 7th graders now. It's a lot of fun, and mildly politically incorrect. Just plunge in (ha!) and you'll do fine.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
The Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Pianophile
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Re: Familia Romana Cap IV - Pensum C

Post by Pianophile » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:09 pm

Barry Hofstetter wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:31 pm
. . . mildly politically incorrect. Just plunge in (ha!) and you'll do fine.
(Syra?) Pulchritudo in oculis aspicientis. The imluvium looks rather too shallow to just plunge in! Yeah, great fun having nominative, genitive, accusative and ablative thrown at one in the first five lessons.
:shock: Ha, ha!

User avatar
Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot
Posts: 1206
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: Familia Romana Cap IV - Pensum C

Post by Barry Hofstetter » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:50 pm

Pianophile wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:09 pm
Barry Hofstetter wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:31 pm
. . . mildly politically incorrect. Just plunge in (ha!) and you'll do fine.
(Syra?) Pulchritudo in oculis aspicientis. The imluvium looks rather too shallow to just plunge in! Yeah, great fun having nominative, genitive, accusative and ablative thrown at one in the first five lessons.
:shock: Ha, ha!
Misera Syra cum naso foedo magnoque. My 7th graders loved it, and that shows a bit of Ørberg's wisdom. If you can get kids to like what they are reading, they stay engaged!
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
The Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Post Reply