New Members Introduction Thread (New Users Post Here!)

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
tilman
Textkit Neophyte

Re: New Members Introduction Thread (New Users Post Here!)

Post by tilman » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:05 pm

hello, as per the forum rules, I'm posting in here to introduce myself. Not much to say really, I'm learning Greek as a hobby in my spare time, and I'm here because I've hit a few bumps along the way. I didn't realise it was going to be so difficult to get help...I guess spammers ruin it for everyone

David
Textkit Neophyte

Post by David » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:54 am

Hello,

I am David. I'm 31 and live in Florida. I took three semesters of Greek back in college working through the Hansen and Quinn text. We read part of Plato's Apology in the second year, but I didn't have any more time in my schedule for Greek classes after that. It was a shame, as I enjoyed Greek classes the most out of any of my subjects in college.

Now, I am trying to get back into Greek. I went through Beetham's Learning Greek with Plato to brush up and am now slowly working through Plato's Symposium through Geoffrey Steadman's version. I would like to become fairly competent in reading Greek, and might move on to Latin as well at some point.

This looks like a great community. I have to admit that at times I feel a little lonely as no one I know shares my interest in Greek.

Section IX
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Section IX » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:06 am

Eh, my apologies. I posted on another thread before posting here.

I'm just a dude interested in Learning some Latin and wanted to thank some guy for posting the answer sheet. I was having some trouble with a few sentences and wanted to see how good my translations were.

I intend to learn both Latin and Ancient Greek, because why the heck not?

C. S. Bartholomew
Textkit Zealot

Post by C. S. Bartholomew » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:24 pm

I have been working in ancient Greek for 25 years. Dropped in to ask a question now and then about Plato's Euthyphro who I am currently dabbling in.
C. Stirling Bartholomew

WongHongyi
Textkit Neophyte

Post by WongHongyi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Hello! I am just starting to learn Latin. The main reason why I am learning Latin is because I thought it would be interesting and I heard it is helpful when learning other languages.

Brianjvo
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Brianjvo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:48 am

Wanted to learn some prayers and passages in Latin. Also trying to learn a little Aramaic. I have always found it more spiritual when praying in the ancient tongues.

brentsIR
Textkit Neophyte

Post by brentsIR » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:00 am

Hi, I am Brent! I am a student. I am here to learn and to share ideas.

chhhnds7
Textkit Neophyte

Post by chhhnds7 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Cheers, I am a single-mom and would like to learn Latin even in a short phrase or sentence. I have many friends that speaks Latin and I like to join on their language. Thanks for this forum.

BellaFortuna
Textkit Neophyte

Post by BellaFortuna » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi!
I'm a first year Latin student, using Wheelock's Latin.
I'm realy hoping to someday be able to read, speak, and write in Latin, but for now, I'll settle for passing my class!
I chose to learn Latin because I have always had a love of history- especially ancient history.
I'm so glad that I found this site- I think it will help me quite a bit! :D