New Members Introduction Thread (New Users Post Here!)

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
TerryDBlack
Textkit Neophyte

Re: New Members Introduction Thread (New Users Post Here!)

Post by TerryDBlack » Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 am

Hey, I've just done a beginners Latin course at the University of Nottingham and, although i've now left uni, I'd quite like to keep it up! perhaps even improve..
I look forward to having a nosey around the boards!
thanks for the resource!

Singidunensis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Singidunensis » Fri May 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi everyone, I studied Latin in high school and at uni. I only started Greek 2 months ago.

So happy that a forum like this exists on the net. Good job!

Shirokazesan
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Shirokazesan » Mon May 31, 2010 11:13 pm

Salvete! My name is Matt, and I've been working on Wheelock's Latin in my spare time for a short while now. I'm just starting the chapter on fourth declension nouns, and I'm hoping to finish the book and begin on the passages in the Loci Antiqui in the next couple of months. This site has proven to be an excellent resource, and I hope to continue to derive benefits from it in the future while offering whatever assistance I can to others. Lucem rationis vobiscum sit (and sure hope I said that right)!

homerpuss
Textkit Neophyte

Post by homerpuss » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Hello All! I'm very interested in the history of the Slavic languages and how the Ancient Greek Alphabet played a part in their development ( St Cyrill---etc.) Do you think I should take a Greek course or two to help me in this.

John R. Frank

ewatler
Textkit Neophyte

Post by ewatler » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:07 am

Hello, I'm a sophmore in college studying architecture. I'm really interested in Ancient Greek and Roman architecture so I figured I should learn the languages.

MissIveniv
Textkit Neophyte

Post by MissIveniv » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Vivien from Hong Kong. I'm singing in a choir and have always been singing sacred pieces in latin and have always wanted to know what they mean and how the latin language works. Been working off from D'ooge for a short while and just recently completed a short course on basic latin (though the teacher is not helping much). Hopefully getting some support from fellow learners and experts here~

have a good day~!

Carpe Diem
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Carpe Diem » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 am

Salvete!
I've been lurking around the Latin forums for a while and finally decided to sign up. These forums have helped me a great deal with my reading and writing of Latin. I look forward to being a part of such a great community.
Gratias vobis ago!

beatus vir
Textkit Neophyte

Post by beatus vir » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:15 am

Hello! I'm studying on my own for the sheer pleasure of it. I had a year of Latin in college (Wheelock) and am now reviewing with the D'ooge book. I plan to finish it then work through M&F. I'm also starting Greek with Crosby &Schaeffer. I'm debating whether to use the Teach Yourself book alongside it for another perspective and more practice exercises (with answers). Afterward, I plan to work through H&Q's Greek: An Intensive Course. I've wanted to do that for a long time. I purchased a copy and it's sitting on the shelf (next to M&F), waiting for me to feel ready for it. I think some prior study would help make that a more satisfying experience. Eventually, I want to work through Pharr's Homeric Greek as well, just because I love this stuff.

Thanks to everyone for making this site and forum the wonderful resources they are. It's great to be able to connect with others who study Greek and Latin (and other things).

beatus vir

KuyaTo
Textkit Neophyte

Post by KuyaTo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:10 am

hi everyone. i have always loved learning languages. in fact, i took up spanish, french and german in college. we had a beginner's latin course for one semester but unfortunately, i have forgotten a lot. i'd like to start anew and hopefully this community would help me do that. :D