Llama?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Bert
Textkit Zealot

Llama?

Post by Bert »

I see that I am a Llama. Is there some play on words here? I looked in the dictionary to see if one meaning of Llama has something to do with classical languages but I didn't find anything. So... Why am I a Llama. If I were a Rooster, it would make sense. (My last name means -the Rooster)<br />Bert de Haan

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re:Llama?

Post by Jeff Tirey »

hi Bert, no play on words... it is suppose to be a very odd default profile signature. <br /><br />The idea is that if it were blank a new subscriber might not enter in a profile signature but with it saying "I'm a llama", which is by all accounts very bizarre, it'll get you to change it. <br /><br />Just a little touch the author of this forum script added. I like it.<br /><br />Some board members are very clever and I have modified this line, my favorite Milito's "I'm not a llama... maybe a yak instead!"<br /><br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

[quote author=Bert de Haan link=board=6;threadid=140;start=0#677 date=1054596879]<br />I see that I am a Llama. [/quote]<br /><br />So am I, except I changed mine to read in Greek (in betaCode), to stay on topic. You can change yours too, using the "profile" button at the top of the page.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

I changed mine too now. I like your choice. I see you are not just any old llama but the llama. ( h lla/ma)

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

...but with it saying "I'm a llama", which is by all accounts very bizarre...
<br /><br />Not bizarre enough by my account... :P<br /><br />If you *really* want to have some fun with it Jeff, assign a default avatar! Choose something bizarre there and think what that might lead to... ;D

Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Skylax »

Hail to the llama's !<br /><br />There are plenty of llama's associated with the casting titles of the "Monthy Python and the Holy Grail" movie...<br /> :D<br /><br />Long live the llama's !<br />Fernand<br /><br /><br /><br />

aesthetics
Textkit Neophyte

Post by aesthetics »

the llamas can ride on the deck of my boat...whyle my fair lady and i stand in the captains deck...raya :-* LOL

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Puella Parva »

[quote author=jeff link=board=6;threadid=140;start=0#678 date=1054598411]<br />The idea is that if it were blank a new subscriber might not enter in a profile signature but with it saying "I'm a llama", which is by all accounts very bizarre, it'll get you to change it. <br /><br />jeff<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Good point, although most people are just modifying it...like me:)

vinobrien
Textkit Member

Post by vinobrien »

If you are a small girl, how come you're an emperor?

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Small girls make the best emperors! ;D <br /><br />Seriously, though, it's from the movie The Emperor's New Groove, which she is very fond of. I'm not sure if you've ever seen it, but the emperor's advisor decides to take over the country and accidentally turns the emperor into a llama. (She was trying to poison him.) <br /><br />Keesa

vinobrien
Textkit Member

Post by vinobrien »

I have indeed seen the film and the llama reference now is clear, though we should all ask ourselves why Jeff wanted us to be llamas in the first place.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=vinobrien link=board=6;threadid=140;start=0#3488 date=1060600623]<br />...we should all ask ourselves why Jeff wanted us to llamas in the first place.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Perhaps llamas learn faster than emperors? <br /><br />Keesa

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Puella Parva »

[quote author=vinobrien link=board=6;threadid=140;start=0#3484 date=1060596622]<br />If you are a small girl, how come you're an emperor?<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I'm five foot ten inches, Puella Parva comes from my name, Colette which means Little Girl in French...I was little, but then I grew...I couldn't really help it, that's what good clean country air does to you...that and a nice mud bath in the winter, washed off in the creek...

Alundis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Alundis »

This thread never ceases to humor me ;)

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Me, either!

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

the quote is defaulted to this particular bulletin board. llama phrases are common within the programming world... it's an inside joke that they stick in wherever they can (even winamp has it, if you know where to look...).
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Alundis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Alundis »

demo.mp3