Spoken Latin?

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Scribo
Global Moderator

Spoken Latin?

Post by Scribo »

Salve.

Right I want to fill my phone with spoken Latin, alas it only has like 60megs of space and my mp3 is in need of repair (DAMN YOU ZEN! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE RELIABLE) so I'm pretty limited space wise.

I know on Latinum Evan states that even before you understand it, surround yourself with a language, the question is...what?

I've downloaded a few files from there, well ages ago, and I particularly like the reading of In Catilinam (I want that accent!) and the 1-49 Aenied, but what should go on my phone?

So: You can decide, choose from Latinum or any other source, what pieces of spoken Latin I should carry around for awhile. :D

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

Oh come on? :(

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Heh, sorry Scribo, I guess I'm not sure which you should do. Have you seen Alatius's recordings? They're superb. Of course, there are mine to choose from, but I don't know how well they'll work for your phone.

When you say, 'on your phone', do you mean like an mp3 player/iPhone deal, or as a ringtone?
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

Oh sorry! yeah Mp3 version. I'm just after anything you guys thinks sounds particularly nice to hear and that I can bear listening to several times etc. :)

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Post by thesaurus »

I'd start throwing the Nuntii Latini, Latin news broadcasts on there. They are weekly, short, well done, and strangely enough... contemporary!

http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

I'd go with any of Alatius's recordings; his Metamorphoses are very nice. Also, my dramatic reading of the first two parts of the Cena Trimalchionis, altho' a work in progress, may be nice to listen to.

Does anyone know if a link still exsists for the old Viva Voce recordings by Vojin Nedeljkovic?
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

Oo thanks, sorry to be a pain, but could I perhaps have links? :)

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

Is it worth putting on some of the recording of Adler's lessons too? or just pure recitations do you think?

metrodorus
Textkit Fan

Vojn's readings

Post by metrodorus »

Vojn's readings are all hosted on Latinum - someone had (fortunately) saved a copy on their computer, and sent me a copy of them on CD.
They are marked V.N. on Latinum.
I tried to contact him at the University of Belgrade, even resorting to telephoning the place, but could not find out anything about him, or why his page on the University website was deleted.

Evan.

rustymason
Textkit Fan

Post by rustymason »

rustymason
Textkit Fan

Mehr Latein

Post by rustymason »

Und hier ist etwa Nachrichten auf Latein (auch Deutsch und :shock: Tuerkisch) radiobremens:
http://www.radiobremen.de/nachrichten/latein/