Help with Trireme Usage in Cassius Dio

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
aloimonon
Textkit Member

Help with Trireme Usage in Cassius Dio

Post by aloimonon »

Hello, I have just completed Mastronarde, unit 15, where the trireme substantive was declined. However, I have found a strange usage in Cassius Dio:

"?ς τοὺς τ?ιη?ίτας ἀπεώσατο." (Dio, LXXX 3.5, Loeb)

"sent to the galleys" as translated in the loeb
(you can read it here if you like: http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/R ... o/80*.html)

This does not conform to the classical declination, but I would like to know the reason: is this another substantive, or just later Greek usage? A small note: According to the Loeb notes, this quotation is in "Cod. Vat. 1288 (V)", so this is NOT Xiphilinus' later epitome, but true Cassius Dio (would that more had survived).

Can anyone explain this usage?

EDIT: Another difference: this usage in Dio is masculine instead of the feminine of the classical usage.
ἀλλ' ἔγωγε ἐξ αὐτῶν τούτων μᾶλλον αὐτὸν τεθαύμακα, ὅτι ἔν τε ἀλλοκότοις καὶ ἐν ἐξαισίοις πράγμασι αὐτός τε διεγένετο καὶ τὴν ἀρχὴν διεσώσατο. Dio LXXII 36.3

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

Hey there! Τ?ιη?ίτης is he who rows in a galley. You might find this interesting (τ?ιη?ήτης is somewhere in the middle I think).

Note: The site belongs to some ermmm eccentric people who claim they believe in the ancient Greek dodecatheon and the multitude of other deities roaming around Greece according to our mythology. As far as I was able to check though, the texts are in order although in most cases, when they have the text in its original form, they go for either all capitals (I can sort of see where this comes from) or modern Greek monotonic system (can't quite figure this one out).

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

Γεια σου Ἐι?ήνη (Hi Irene),

Thanks for cleaning that up! :)

I was trapped by my guess that it had to be a later form of Greek (or a different ship type), but the gender change of the substantive was a clue which I should have exploited. Ah, well. Each night before I sleep I open up a Loeb (lately Xenophon, Dio, or Herodian) to a random page and start reading the English while paying attention to the Greek, so by chance I had remembered this seemingly strange term.

Nice website, with quite a few texts! Like you say, it's strange that monotonic is used, but still there are quite a few texts nonetheless. I had heard of this group on BBC World, but I never really researched them; however I did not hear of this Polydeuces (to use the English name) who apparently wrote to Commodus.

BTW, I hope you don't mind if I ask...If you know *offhand* (or have bookmarked) any sites that have texts for Byzantine historians in the original Greek, could you please post them? It's shockingly hard to get hold of some Byzantine Historians/Chroniclers in the original language, or it's VERY expensive (like Chronicon Paschale, Zonaras, Choniates, etc). If not, no worries, as I have plenty to do right now, and would not have time to read them immediately.

Finally, out of curiosity, is there a series in Greek bookstores of Byzantine authors similar to the ΚΑΚΤΟΣ series for classical literature, i.e. with the older Greek on one page, and Modern Greek on the other?

thanks for your help :D
ἀλλ' ἔγωγε ἐξ αὐτῶν τούτων μᾶλλον αὐτὸν τεθαύμακα, ὅτι ἔν τε ἀλλοκότοις καὶ ἐν ἐξαισίοις πράγμασι αὐτός τε διεγένετο καὶ τὴν ἀρχὴν διεσώσατο. Dio LXXII 36.3

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

Glad I could help.

You know KAKTOS?! Hmmm, to be interested in such a series you probably speak modern Greek? Nevermind, that's me being curious, I'll look into it. :D

To tell you the truth I haven't looked into the matter generally but I found Chronicon Paschale. Now this is the site where I found it. While it's in modern Greek I wouldn't hesitate asking you to have a go at browsing it and indeed you may if you have some time to kill. The thing is, I couldn't find the index for the texts by going the right way myself.

It does seem though that it has lots! Take a look at this! Zonaras is somewhere there too. The names of the directories are in Latin but all the links I clicked firected me to the original text in Greek (which doesn't mean they are ALL in Greek). Anyway, hope it's useful. If not, tell me so and I'll keep an eye out for other sites.

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

Έκπληκτη είσαι; Για κοίταξε το όνομά μου...οι γονείς μου γεννήθηκαν στην Πολη, Βεβαίως μιλο?ν Ελληνικά, αλλά εγώ δεν έμαθα Ελληνικά παιδιόθεν, και για αυτό πάντοτε δυσκολε?ομαι. Τέλος πάντων. Ευχα?ιστώ πά?α πολ? για τις πλη?οφο?ίες, και θα τις κοιτάξω όταν είμαι σπίτι.

Thanks Irene for those links, I'll be sure to check them out when I do get home from work. Great stuff, I always wanted to see the original text of the Chronicon Paschale because it was supposed to have been written in something more closely approximating the spoken tongue. I was just curious to see it is all; I'm not exactly a great fan of chronicles vs secular histories.

anyways thanks!

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

IreneY wrote: Take a look at this!
Holy frijole!
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

I was to tired for speech when I discovered it but that was my reaction too! The accent marks do not always seem to be in place but I'm so grateful to Plukidis for asking and making me look around! (I want to read Alexiad at the very least. This work is mentioned so often it's to my shame I haven't tried to find it before. And Gregory of Nazianzus and John Chrysostom whose style of writing has received much praising).

Πλουκίδη αχαα! Δεν ήξε?α αν το "-ίδης" ήταν Ελληνικό τελεία, ή α?χαιοελληνικό! Σ' ευχα?ιστώ για την πλη?οφο?ία :)

Edit: I think I found how to go there with a click from the main site (instead of manipulating the url that is :) ). Not that it's of any importance but it's done by clicking Κλείδα
Last edited by IreneY on Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

annis wrote:
Holy frijole!
Actually, now that I have come home from work, I can appreciate just how many texts there are at that link, and it's stunning. I found there every Byzantine historian/chronicler/writer whom I had been ever wondering about. Incredible! Thanks Irene, quite a resource!

Arvid
Textkit Member

Post by Arvid »

annis wrote:
Holy frijole!
Yeah, or words to that effect! I'm speechless. I've already got this bookmarked, but for some of those who don't look at every forum posting the way I do (maybe they have lives or something) maybe this should be moved to "Outside Links of Interest," perhaps as a Sticky?

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

http://www.stoa.org/sol/
Plukidis, do you know this site? It´s the Suda on-line.
Last edited by Gonzalo on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

@ Gonzalo: Thanks for the link. Even though I've already visited the site I'm sure that your post will benefit people with an interest in fragmentary ancient writers and/or Byzantine History.

@Irene:
I enjoyed reading about the rebuilding of Byzantium by Severus and the founding of Constantinople by Constantine in the Chronicon Paschale. Thanks for posting it and the links to other histories/chronicles!

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

I know it since a long time ago and because of you were posting here about Byzantium, koine, and such other deals, I´ve posted it here.

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

IreneY wrote:Not that it's of any importance but it's done by clicking Κλείδα
Aaaaaahhhhhh! :shock:

I just noticed they have Eustathius' commentaries on Homer. Why on earth didn't they use paragraphs?

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

Out of curiosity...does anyone else observe accentuation problems in the _Epitome of Histories_ by Zonaras? It seems that breathings and accents are not properly represented on the first syllable. Would this be an issue in the PDF itself, or some other configuration issue? When I have the chance I'll try it on another machine to see if it is any different there.

EDIT: I'm NOT complaining, but trying to see if I can fix it somehow.

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

Just tried it at work, and same results. I assume that the issue is how it was scanned, and not the version of Acrobat or any other factor. Oh well. It's still better access than I would have otherwise had, because even though my University Library has it, it is in the "Rare Books" dept., which is only open from 9-5. Harebrained cuts.

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

You said, oh Plukidis, the _Epitome of Histories_ by Zonaras. Is there any pdf available? I don´t find it at http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/R ... o/80*.html
Last edited by Gonzalo on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

Ah, that was my link. I was referring to Irene's link:

http://patrologia.ct.aegean.gr/PG_Migne/

Like I was saying, it is still very readable, but I was hoping there was something I could do about it. I guess in PDFs everything is strictly pre-rendered, without regards to any system settings.

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

Ok, thanks for the link.

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

Plukidis, I found this at Google Books.
http://books.google.com/books?id=kWkGAA ... or:zonaras
Χαῖ?ε!

P.s.: I really was looking for a paperback copy of that book... but Google Books is incredibly tempting.

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

IreneY wrote:I want to read Alexiad at the very least.
Irene, I know that you have the text already, but it has also been scanned on Google Books. Gonzalo was kind enough to tell me that CSHB (the old volumes at least) is on Google Books. Here is a link to the Alexiad of Anna Comnena scanned from CSHB:

http://books.google.com/books?id=YhcbAA ... or:comnena

Though I have read nothing from it, I believe that she was reputed to speak and write using a beautiful, puristic Greek.

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

Ah, Clementia! Clementia!
I have been studying Latin the whole month of July (around three hours at the morning and a review at the night), among other things and because of this I have not read nor study... nor write, much Ancient Greek. I have only read simple stuff, like Aesopus´ Fables in a Greek-Latin version which I bought in a book fair.

By the way, I didn´t know any about Niketas Choniates, but I was talking (around an hour) with a Literature teacher of mine about Byzantine historians and Literature at the end of the scholar course and I remember something which he mentioned about a Choniates, I am not sure, but -as he (my teacher) is mediaevalist- he confessed me his deep love to Anna Comnena... me too. I am going to continue my regular studies on Greek today.
Last edited by Gonzalo on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

Gonzalo wrote: By the way, I didn´t know any about Niketas Choniates, but I was talking (around an hour) with a Literature teacher of mine about Byzantine historians and Literature at the end of the scholar course and I remember something which he mentioned about a Choniates, I am not sure, but -as he (my teacher) is mediaevalist- he confessed me his deep love to Anna Comnena... me too. I am going to continue my regular studies on Greek today.
*Sigh*, I wish that I was in University again. I've visited my University library many times since then, but of course I have not attended any lectures. Out of curiosity, which course were you attending in which you had this discussion with your Professor? Western Mediaeval Studies, or Byzantine History? (or both periods?)

Lately, I have been reading more English than Greek. I'll try to change that this weekend...

Again, thanks very much for letting me know that the old volumes of CSHB are on Google Books, because based on my crazy University library's rare book department hours, I probably would not have had many opportunities to look through them.

PS: Marcus was known for his clemency, but I also admit that he, like all other Emperors, was a stern upholder of the status quo. He also accepted Christian persecution, and harsher punishment for the Humiliores, even if they were citizens (~ lower orders).

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

I am sixteen years old (consecuently, I am not at any University) and the subject which my teacher gives me is known only as "Spanish Literature". I am studing a Bachelor on Sciences (I do not know its name in Canada, but it´s the preparatory course to the University).
Out of the school time (at breaks) I often discuss with some teachers and the last day of the past course my teacher invited me to have a coffee and we were talking about that topics.

Have you ever heard about this?
http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/grc
Http://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagina_Prima
I use to correct faults and other matters in Latin&Greek Wikipedia as an exercise on composition.
(By the way, I have to say that I absolutely refuse Wikipedia in Spanish )

Χαῖ?ε

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

http://patrologia.ct.aegean.gr/PG_Migne
It seems that the patrologia site is down, and Google's cache indicates that it was down when last cached (29 Jul 2008 15:21:11 GMT)! I was looking for more material, and was quite depressed to note that it was unavailable. I found the following, but they are not quite as convenient as the optically scanned volumes at the original site:

http://www.documentacatholicaomnia.eu/2 ... natus.html

(has everything available on emule, but they are JPG scans, not optically scanned PDFs):
http://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/greek-te ... olumes.asp

Does anyone know:
a) Why patrologia.ct.aegean.gr is down, and when it will return?
b) Is there a mirror with the same optically scanned PDFs?

annis
Textkit Zealot

Post by annis »

plukidis wrote:It seems that the patrologia site is down,
I seem to recall hearing noises of copyright issues.

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

OUCH, that is sad :cry:

I do hope that you are wrong, and that the site returns, but this does not bode well at all. Luckily, I do think that a lot of what was there is legally available elsewhere in older copies, but the form (graphical scan vs optical scan) is NOT as convenient. Ah well. Thanks.

exsencon
Textkit Neophyte

Post by exsencon »

Very sad indeed,it was a very good site. I am lucky to have downloaded all of Photius' Myrobiblion before it closed down. Hope we will see it back.
BTW I have all the links to google CSHB (50 in total) If someone is interested, just give me a post

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

exsencon wrote:Very sad indeed,it was a very good site. I am lucky to have downloaded all of Photius' Myrobiblion before it closed down. Hope we will see it back.
BTW I have all the links to google CSHB (50 in total) If someone is interested, just give me a post
First of all, welcome to Textkit.

Why don't you post it at "Other links of interest"? Concretely, you could post them here.

Regards,
Gonzalo

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

Well you can find it in this site. If, by the way you go to a previous page than that you will find a wealth of resources both for Latin and Ancient (and Byzantine) Greek.

exsencon
Textkit Neophyte

Post by exsencon »

IreneY wrote:Well you can find it in this site. If, by the way you go to a previous page than that you will find a wealth of resources both for Latin and Ancient (and Byzantine) Greek.
Yes Irene I know about the Catholica Omnia site but I find it kind of hard to use although there is a lot of interesting stuff there. Following Gonzalo's suggestion I put up my links on his CSHB post.Enjoy!

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

exsencon wrote:
IreneY wrote:Well you can find it in this site. If, by the way you go to a previous page than that you will find a wealth of resources both for Latin and Ancient (and Byzantine) Greek.
Yes Irene I know about the Catholica Omnia site but I find it kind of hard to use although there is a lot of interesting stuff there. Following Gonzalo's suggestion I put up my links on his CSHB post.Enjoy!
Great job! Sempiternal thanks.
P.S.: I don't post my congratulations there in order not to make it dirty. :oops:

exsencon
Textkit Neophyte

Post by exsencon »

Great job! Sempiternal thanks.

You're wellcome. I tried to do the same thing with Migne's PG but didn't get that far. It's 161 volumes and Google is a tricky thing,sometimes it works and sometimes it just gives the same volumes over and over again. I get some of the volumes I want from emule now allthough it is not the same thing but it's useful. A bit time consuming to download I would say.
Anyway, here is my Migne PG from Google:

Migne PG
Clemens Romanus vol 2
http://books.google.com/books?id=cqUKAA ... r#PPA10,M1
Clemens Alexandrinus vol 8
http://books.google.com/books?id=m9_1ZU ... PPA1858,M1
Clemens Alexandrinus vol 9
http://books.google.com/books?id=Ct4Ter ... fr#PPT7,M1
Gregorius Thaumaturgos vol 10
http://books.google.com/books?id=74S3-k ... r#PPA10,M1
Origenes vol 12
http://books.google.com/books?vid=0Ghk9 ... II#PPT4,M1
Origenes vol 13
http://books.google.com/books?id=CsZ6ej ... r#PPA11,M1
Origenes vol 14
http://books.google.com/books?id=NklFyx ... fr#PPT4,M1
Origenes vol 15
http://books.google.com/books?id=jGkLpB ... 2#PPA10,M1
Origenes vol 16/1
http://books.google.com/books?vid=0L3XL ... 1-PT410,M1
Origenes vol 16/2
http://books.google.com/books?id=TK6cL2 ... r#PPA10,M1
Origenes vol 16/3
http://books.google.com/books?id=Pad2hY ... PPA2662,M1
Origenes vol 17
http://books.google.com/books?id=cMktEw ... r#PPP13,M1
Methodius vol 18
http://books.google.com/books?id=D-dkJi ... fr#PPA9,M1
Eusebius Cesariensis vol 19
http://books.google.com/books?id=mm_646 ... r#PPA12,M1
Eusebius Cesariensis vol 20
http://books.google.com/books?vid=04iVN ... i#PPA28,M1
Eusebius Cesariensis vol 22
http://books.google.com/books?id=XzbrUZ ... r#PPA54,M1
Eusebius Cesariensis vol 24
http://books.google.com/books?vid=0gDdK ... IV#PPA9,M1
Gregorius Nazianzenus vol 37
http://books.google.com/books?vid=0ZihO ... I#PPP10,M1
Gregorius Nazianzenus vol 38
http://books.google.com/books?vid=0kVpT ... mo+XXXVIII
Didymus Alexandrinus vol 39
http://books.google.com/books?id=TIyxco ... r#PPP10,M1
Patres Aegyptorum vol 40
http://books.google.com/books?id=Rfyq1R ... r#PPP10,M1
Epiphanius vol 41
http://books.google.com/books?id=CZtkTu ... fr#PPA1,M1
Epiphanius vol 42
http://books.google.com/books?vid=09qgs ... i#PPA12,M1
Epiphanius vol 43
http://books.google.com/books?id=9r1OWy ... r#PPA12,M1
Gregorius Nyssenus vol 44
http://books.google.com/books?id=_3xC8M ... fr#PPP8,M1
Gregorius Nyssenus vol 46
http://books.google.com/books?id=fvfuD2 ... rr=1&hl=fr
Chrysostomus vol 47
http://books.google.com/books?id=ZHz3OF ... fr#PPR2,M1
Chrysostomus vol 48
http://books.google.com/books?id=RZX-K3 ... #PPA529,M1
Chrysostomus vol 49
http://books.google.com/books?id=ZohFFe ... PA6-IA4,M1
Chrysostomus vol 51
http://books.google.com/books?id=b3h-7U ... fr#PPA6,M1
Chrysostomus vol 52
http://books.google.com/books?id=tugYUf ... #PPA384,M1
Chrysostomus vol 53
http://books.google.com/books?id=rE6s64 ... fr#PPP3,M1
Chrysostomus vol 54
http://books.google.com/books?id=fWfTby ... #PPA381,M1
Chrysostomus vol 55
http://books.google.com/books?id=gWmJG0 ... fr#PPA9,M1
Chrysostomus vol 56
http://books.google.com/books?id=DG5FdY ... fr#PPP3,M1
Chrysostomus vol 57
http://books.google.com/books?vid=0xQKY ... II#PPR7,M1
Chrysostomus vol 58
http://books.google.com/books?id=uPYP9i ... #PPA469,M1
Chrysostomus vol 59
http://books.google.com/books?vid=0vuOO ... IX#PPP6,M1
Chrysostomus vol 60
http://books.google.com/books?vid=06lc5 ... X#PPP14,M1
Chrysostomus vol 61
http://books.google.com/books?id=3dhsDr ... fr#PPA5,M1
Chrysostomus vol 62
http://books.google.com/books?id=phnCQC ... fr#PPA6,M1
Chrysostomus vol 63
http://books.google.com/books?vid=0wWh8 ... II#PPA5,M1
Chrysostomus vol 51+52?
http://books.google.com/books?id=9EsMAA ... r#PPP14,M1
Chrysostomus-Meletius vol 64
http://books.google.com/books?vid=024Bq ... n#PPA16,M1
Proclus,Philostorgius vol 65
http://books.google.com/books?id=-ieFkW ... fr#PPT7,M1
Synesius vol 66
http://books.google.com/books?id=2BN_q8 ... r#PPA11,M1
Socrates,Sozomenus vol 67
http://books.google.com/books?id=ZuhUfI ... r#PPA11,M1
Cyrillus vol 68
http://books.google.com/books?id=5hrvsq ... fr#PPT1,M1
Cyrillus vol 69
http://books.google.com/books?id=BwYoxj ... fr#PPA8,M1
Cyrillus Alexandrinus vol 71
http://books.google.com/books?id=mleGEX ... fr#PPA7,M1
Cyrillus vol 73
http://books.google.com/books?id=CKJob2 ... fr#PPT7,M1
Cyrillus vol 74
http://books.google.com/books?vid=0dnS_ ... PPA1861,M1
Cyrillus vol 75
http://books.google.com/books?id=WdkAaw ... r#PPP11,M1
Cyrillus Alexandrinus vol 76
http://books.google.com/books?id=ofDBwL ... fr#PPP8,M1
Cyrillus vol 77
http://books.google.com/books?id=TN0hLa ... r#PPA11,M1
Isidorus,Zosimus vol 78
http://books.google.com/books?id=EbPW-l ... r#PPA11,M1
Nilus vol 79
http://books.google.com/books?id=eW65fZ ... r#PPA11,M1
Basilius etc Vol 85
http://books.google.com/books?id=LAob4Y ... r#PPA10,M1
Procopius vol 87
http://books.google.com/books?id=c8L2g8 ... PPA1547,M1
Anastasius vol 89
http://books.google.com/books?id=1oxV1d ... r#PPA15,M1
Maximus Abbas vol 90
http://books.google.com/books?id=HRkfiq ... r#PPA11,M1
Joannes Damascenus vol 95
http://books.google.com/books?id=KnZrRJ ... fr#PPA9,M1
Joannes Malalas,Andreas vol 97
http://books.google.com/books?id=FEtqLO ... r#PPA15,M1
Nicephorus vol 100
http://books.google.com/books?id=3t0Xcw ... fr#PPA2,M1
Joseppus-Andreas vol 106
http://books.google.com/books?id=XzbZ5n ... fr#PPA8,M1
Leo Imp Sapiens vol 107
http://books.google.com/books?id=THVcQg ... fr#PPR4,M1
Theophanus Confessor-Leo Grammaticus-A Bibliothecarius-A Incertus vol 108
http://books.google.com/books?vid=09O0G ... II#PPP8,M1
Scriptores Post Theophanem et Josephus Genesius vol 109
http://books.google.com/books?id=dDYgfN ... r#PPA11,M1
Georgius Monachus vol 110
http://books.google.com/books?id=aodLoo ... r#PPP11,M1
Nicolas Patr vol 111
http://books.google.com/books?id=PmJ7zG ... r#PPA14,M1
Constantinus Porphyrogenitus vol 113
http://books.google.com/books?id=LZv87v ... r#PPA11,M1
Theophylactus vol 125
http://books.google.com/books?id=NmTfcE ... r#PPA13,M1
Nicephorus Bryennius vol 127
http://books.google.com/books?id=Io-Gvo ... r#PPA13,M1
Euthymius Zigabenus vol 128
http://books.google.com/books?id=e-_s9M ... r#PPA10,M1
Ioannis Cinnamus etc Vol 133
http://books.google.com/books?id=HPsd9A ... r#PPA10,M1
Theodore Balsamon vol137
http://books.google.com/books?id=RbeDit ... r#PPA13,M1
Georgius Pachymeres vol 144
http://books.google.com/books?id=qApy7d ... r#PPA11,M1
Nicephorus Gregoras vol 149
http://books.google.com/books?id=3HcfGr ... r#PPA10,M1
Gregorius Palamas vol 150
http://books.google.com/books?id=PC8_2Z ... r#PPA10,M1
Gregorius Palamas vol 151
http://books.google.com/books?id=uOYf7y ... r#PPA13,M1
Manuel Calecas vol 152
http://books.google.com/books?id=cmqJnR ... r#PPA17,M1
Ioannes Cantacuzenus vol 154
http://books.google.com/books?id=EyMXD4 ... fr#PPA9,M1
Symeon Thessalonicensis vol 155
http://books.google.com/books?id=PFGPFd ... r#PPA10,M1
Manuel Paleologus,Phrantzes vol 156
http://books.google.com/books?id=E8rI-c ... r#PPA18,M1
Michael Glyca vol 158
http://books.google.com/books?id=x6ALSx ... PA1-IA1,M1
Gennadius,Georgius vol 160
http://books.google.com/books?id=_qtZdq ... fr#PPP5,M1
http://books.google.com/books?id=2BN_q8 ... r#PPA11,M1
http://books.google.com/books?id=LAob4Y ... r#PPA10,M1

The links are quite recent and should work but with Google you never know...