Introduce myself

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Dominor
Textkit Neophyte

Introduce myself

Post by Dominor »

Greetings! I have been wondering through this community for some time now, but never committed to be a member of it. Recently, I've decided I'll try to fit in, because finally I'm going to try to learn Latin (BTW, using L. D'Ooge). :)
I am a 20 year old Computer Engineering student. I am Portuguese and obviously I speak Portuguese, which is one of the reasons behind my interest in Latin. Currently, I am learning English (CPE level) and French, but I would like to start independently on Latin. Finally, I am very fond of History, especially Classical Antiquity.
I hope to have a good time here and learning Latin.

Chris Weimer
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Chris Weimer »

Welcome dominor. :)

Iulianus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Iulianus »

Salvus sis, Dominor!

Welcome to Textkit; be sure to ask around about the D'Ooge study group, if you're interested.

Good luck with your studies,

Iulianus

Dominor
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dominor »

Thank you for your welcome!
In fact, I am interested in a study group, but unfortunately I do not have much spare time now for the regular study a study group demands. I will try to join one later on, I hope! Meanwhile, I am dealing with the part of Latin pronunciation and from what I have seen in the forums, it is a tricky business. Although based on D'Ooge, I am actually following this site made by a latin student like us: http://www.melop.net/phlatina/.
Any tips would be appreciated!

Para os meus colegas estudantes falantes da língua portuguesa, mando um grande Olá!. É bom ver que há muitos portugueses e outros falantes da língua portuguesa interessados em aprender latim, uma língua que influenciou bastante o português.

swiftnicholas
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by swiftnicholas »

Welcome Dominor! That site you linked looks really nice, I'll have to look at it further. I hope someone here with experience can comment on it. See you around, N.

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

Welcome to Textkit! :-)

cdm2003
Textkit Fan

Post by cdm2003 »

Chris Dominori salutem dicit!

Welcome to Textkit!

Chris
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae