Latin songs?

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
zhongv1979
Textkit Neophyte

Latin songs?

Post by zhongv1979 »

Do you know whether I can download some Latin songs somewhere? I love Latin and I love to sing!! It is natural for me to sing some Latin songs while studying Latin!!!

Thank you so much in advance!!

Ciraric
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Ciraric »

zhongv1979
Textkit Neophyte

Post by zhongv1979 »

wow, I tried google but ended up with a lot of so called Latin songs which were actually Spanish or Italian...

This link is good, I will study it hard and see whether I can perform some of them..
Ciraric wrote:http://www.laukart.de/multisite/songbook/latin.php

Google IS the answer.

cantator
Textkit Fan

Re: Latin songs?

Post by cantator »

zhongv1979 wrote:Do you know whether I can download some Latin songs somewhere? I love Latin and I love to sing!! It is natural for me to sing some Latin songs while studying Latin!!!

Thank you so much in advance!!
You can Google for some Elvis Presley songs in Latin, they're pretty cool. You might also want to listen to Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, the settings are very tuneful and fun to sing (plus the poems themselves are often quite good). You can also look for the various recordings of the original Medieval settings of the Carmina Burana, many of those are also tuneful and easy to sing.

Must have Gaudeamus Igitur too.

Btw, IMO Orff's Catulli Carmina is a lesser work, the poems don't really lend themselves to the treatment. Better to simply memorize a batch of Catullus for spontaneous recitation.
Similis sum folio de quo ludunt venti.

Flos Carmeli
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Flos Carmeli »

Anything Gregorian Chant, it is all Latin! :)

Sigma
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Sigma »

I can't for the life of me find any site that has decent Gregorian Chant for download. Could anyone recomend any?

Flos Carmeli
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Flos Carmeli »

http://www.danielmitsui.com/hieronymus/

scroll down to the far left and there is a section of links called Free Music.