Textkit T-Shirt Color

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
mariek
Global Moderator

Textkit T-Shirt Color

Post by mariek »

If you were going to buy a Textkit t-shirt (maybe it'll be the "Just D'Ooge It" shirt?), which color would you pick?<br />

Raya
Textkit Fan

Re:Textkit T-Shirt Color

Post by Raya »

Black... but then... all the clothes I buy are black! ::)

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I'm with Barbara Raya on this one ;)
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Black? That's just cheap!<br /><br />Elegance, uni'que-ness, class IS latin hence the PINK with WHITE stitching "Just D'Ooge It". <br /><br />

vinobrien
Textkit Member

Post by vinobrien »

You'll look like a Barbie. And I don't mean Klaus! :o

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

iis pueris puellisque credere non possum! :'(<br />

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

You know, if we could get a graphic designed, I am fairly sure it's possible to print it off onto a type of paper that can then iron-on-transfer the graphic to a T-shirt. (Based on something a friend did a couple years ago....) Admittedly, the stitched-on type of logo on the shirt-type preferred by Episcopus (I think you said a golf-type shirt?) would last longer, be higher quality, and so on, but it would also result in more logistical problems..... (Which is a pity - I'm with Episcopus on type of shirt/logo.... we just have a small disagreement on colour.... ;) )<br /><br />I'm double-checking my memory on how this was accomplished......<br /><br />Kilmeny

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

It must be classy though, and, although economical, an iron-on T-Shirt would not be thus...

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Above all, it must be black 8)
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

Does anyone have a Logo Design Idea? One that won't infringe on any Nike trademarks? And preferably one that the Greek-philes can adopt, too? Qualifications thus far include:<br /><br />1. Classy<br />2. Promoting Textkit<br />3. "Just D'Ooge It" (at least for the Latin-philes)....<br />4. Visible on any colour at all

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

(not to be rude) but I still say "Dic Duc Fac * " or another Latin saying should go on the back...or below textkit some kind of sentence or motto in latin.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Si hoc legis, nimis doctus es!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

if you read this you have been taught too much ???<br /><br />heh not very apt for a learning site's motto ;) one be never able to learn too much

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

I have design ideas... but how to communicate them without a drawing?

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Faites quelque chose avec Paint (seulment les idées de façon qu'on puisse voir ce que vous voulez dire) suivant donnez moi le fichier sur msn! d'accord? <br /><br />*EDIT* votre mère ;)

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=0#3564 date=1060622978]<br />Faites quelque chose avec Paint (seulment les idées de façon qu'on puisse voir ce que vous voulez dire) suivant donnez moi le fichier sur msn! d'accord? <br /><br />*EDIT* votre mère ;)<br />[/quote]<br /><br />That's not Latin-that's French! Episcopus, I didn't know you spoke French! <br /><br />Keesa

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Well, Raya lives in Mauritius so it was suitable that I reply in french.<br /><br />eam inopiam studi non intelligo! pink est grata totis feminis puerisque! <br /><br />Blame me not, for I know not whether 'to understand' be actually 'intelligere' nor whether it be transitive or not. ;)

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=15#3695 date=1060713727]eam inopiam studi non intelligo! pink est grata totis feminis puerisque! <br /><br />Blame me not, for I know not whether 'to understand' be actually 'intelligere' nor whether it be transitive or not. ;)<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Episcopus, you really have to invest in a dictionary! Or two!<br /><br />"intellego, intellegere, intellexi, intellectus: (transitive) to understand, perceive, comprehend; to realize, recognize; to have an accurate knowledge of, be an expert in. (intransitive - in answers) "I understand", "I get it".<br /><br />And "pink" is "puniceus/-a/-um". <br />And "shirt" is "subucula/-ae" (All definitions from the New College Latin and English Dictionary).<br /><br />Sic, subuculam puniceam desideras....<br /><br />(It sounds like a disease. Since "blue" is "caeruleus/-a/-um", it isn't any better!)<br /><br />Kilmeny

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

So was I right? <br /><br />I do actually have a dictionary, but its too far away nextdoor.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Yuck... it sounds like a disease because it is a disease :P

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=15#3722 date=1060724492]<br />So was I right? <br />[/quote]<br /><br />No..... Pink isn't pleasing to me, and so far as I know, I'm one of the "totis"...... On the other hand, if you meant the Latin, grammatically..... yes!<br /><br />[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=15#3722 date=1060724492]<br />I do actually have a dictionary, but its too far away nextdoor. <br />[/quote]<br /><br />You obviously need another one then.... :D One that lives next to the computer!<br /><br />Kilmeny

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

yay I really do be improving ;D<br /><br />You use "totus, a , um"? Some use it as whole but can it be "all" also?

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

"all, every" is omnis, omne, totus mainly just means "whole, entire"

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I keep having to avoid adjectives and nouns past 2nd dec!<br /><br />sed mox ea verba intelligam ;)

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

Has anybody else here seen this site?<br /><br />www.cafepress.com<br /><br />Looks like they might be able to meet our Textkit T-shirt needs... ;)

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

<br />Just checked out the site. So if I understand correctly, you can give them your image, and they'll put it on items as orders come in for the item? Or do you have to place an order for a minimum amount before they'll start selling the items online for you?<br /><br />It looks like t-shirts are only available in White or Grey. :( I would really like a black one, second choice would be a navy blue one. Oh well...<br /><br />I rather like the polo shirt, I think it would look very nice with a small stitched logo on the front/left "pocket" side. (I have polo shirts with small stitched logos on the front/left "pocket" and another small stiched logo on one of the sleeves. They look nice and get your point across without being terrible tacky/loud). <br />

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I think that, if one be serious about doing this, the end product must represent the class of textkit. Therefore a white T-Shirt would be rather unsuitable...

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

I'm of two minds here.... The T-shirt idea is likely easiest, because we could come up with a design, speak very nicely to Jeff, and just have a design available for download/print onto T-shirt transfer paper. This lets everyone find a shirt of the colour they want (even pink!), and saves on logistics like acquiring a quantity somewhere, and distributing them, and the cost of doing all that.....<br /><br />But as Episcopus notes, T-shirts aren't anywhere near as classy as Textkit, which means some other option is required.<br /><br />And the other problem is finding a design, and then finding some way of letting everyone look at it! Raya mentioned that she had some design ideas.... Does anyone have any "how to share them around" ideas?<br /><br />Kilmeny

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

The t-shirt transfer paper is a simpler solution, but it's also one that doesn't float my boat. :(

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I also dislike the idea, although that wouldn't stop me from using it if it was all we could come up with...and I've got a lovely salmon pink T-shirt that just yearns for a Textkit imprint... ;D<br /><br />Keesa

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I hate salmon, in fact I vomit whenever it may make contact with my lips; however I loves pink :-*

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

I dislike salmon as well, but there are worse fish. I think salmon is, strangely enough however, one of the best sushi fish :D

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Oh yes there are many worse fish. I vomit sometimes if I even smell a certain rancid fish.

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

[quote author=Raya link=board=6;threadid=433;start=0#3493 date=1060601936]<br />Black... but then... all the clothes I buy are black! ::)<br />[/quote]<br />Yes, and so slimming..... :-*

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

There was a saying by one of the "Roman" (actually one of the Goths. Vandals or various barbarians) emperors who said something like "I am a Roman emperor and therefore do not have to know grammar". Presumably after some nitwit decided to pick him up on his improper use of the subjunctive mood or whatever. If someone can find the correct words this would make a great motto (and fit in with the delusions of grandeur suffered by most of us classics people)

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

<br />I never really think of salmon as a "pink". It's sort of it's own color. And I don't think it flatters me all that much either! I'd prefer "true" pink color instead of salmon.<br /><br />However if you're talking about sushi, then salmon isn't too bad. It ranks up there for me, right after hamachi and maguro. Miam miam. :) <br />

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=433;start=30#4079 date=1061016354]<br /><br /><br />However if you're talking about sushi, then salmon isn't too bad. It ranks up there for me, right after hamachi and maguro. Miam miam. :) <br /><br />[/quote]<br /> :-*

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

[quote author=mariek link=board=6;threadid=433;start=0#3436 date=1060571979]<br />If you were going to buy a Textkit t-shirt (maybe it'll be the "Just D'Ooge It" shirt?), which color would you pick?<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />Maybe the Greek version could be<br />THOMAS DAY<br /> SEYnoMOUR<br /><br />Or something a bit more casual<br />PHARR out man!<br />

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

Pharr Out Man! - ooh yeah, I like that one! ;)<br /><br />Goes along quite well with Just D'Ooge It, no?

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito »

There goes a design - "TEXTKIT" in the middle, and curving over and under it the two slogans, "Pharr out, man" and "Just D'Ooge It"! Presumably text in black on Textkit-green, or something...... Which should clash nicely with Episcopus' pink shirt.....<br /><br />Kilmeny