Textkit T-Shirt Color

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Textkit T-Shirt Color

Post by Milito » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:22 pm

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=15#3722 date=1060724492]<br />So was I right? <br />[/quote]<br /><br />No..... Pink isn't pleasing to me, and so far as I know, I'm one of the "totis"...... On the other hand, if you meant the Latin, grammatically..... yes!<br /><br />[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=433;start=15#3722 date=1060724492]<br />I do actually have a dictionary, but its too far away nextdoor. <br />[/quote]<br /><br />You obviously need another one then.... :D One that lives next to the computer!<br /><br />Kilmeny
phpbb

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:32 pm

yay I really do be improving ;D<br /><br />You use "totus, a , um"? Some use it as whole but can it be "all" also?
phpbb

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:45 pm

"all, every" is omnis, omne, totus mainly just means "whole, entire"
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:54 pm

I keep having to avoid adjectives and nouns past 2nd dec!<br /><br />sed mox ea verba intelligam ;)
phpbb

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:23 pm

Has anybody else here seen this site?<br /><br />www.cafepress.com<br /><br />Looks like they might be able to meet our Textkit T-shirt needs... ;)
phpbb

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:55 pm

<br />Just checked out the site. So if I understand correctly, you can give them your image, and they'll put it on items as orders come in for the item? Or do you have to place an order for a minimum amount before they'll start selling the items online for you?<br /><br />It looks like t-shirts are only available in White or Grey. :( I would really like a black one, second choice would be a navy blue one. Oh well...<br /><br />I rather like the polo shirt, I think it would look very nice with a small stitched logo on the front/left "pocket" side. (I have polo shirts with small stitched logos on the front/left "pocket" and another small stiched logo on one of the sleeves. They look nice and get your point across without being terrible tacky/loud). <br />

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:04 pm

I think that, if one be serious about doing this, the end product must represent the class of textkit. Therefore a white T-Shirt would be rather unsuitable...
phpbb

Milito
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Milito » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:10 pm

I'm of two minds here.... The T-shirt idea is likely easiest, because we could come up with a design, speak very nicely to Jeff, and just have a design available for download/print onto T-shirt transfer paper. This lets everyone find a shirt of the colour they want (even pink!), and saves on logistics like acquiring a quantity somewhere, and distributing them, and the cost of doing all that.....<br /><br />But as Episcopus notes, T-shirts aren't anywhere near as classy as Textkit, which means some other option is required.<br /><br />And the other problem is finding a design, and then finding some way of letting everyone look at it! Raya mentioned that she had some design ideas.... Does anyone have any "how to share them around" ideas?<br /><br />Kilmeny
phpbb

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:13 pm

The t-shirt transfer paper is a simpler solution, but it's also one that doesn't float my boat. :(

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:46 pm

I also dislike the idea, although that wouldn't stop me from using it if it was all we could come up with...and I've got a lovely salmon pink T-shirt that just yearns for a Textkit imprint... ;D<br /><br />Keesa
phpbb