The girl in my avatar

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

The girl in my avatar

Post by Episcopus »

Last edited by Episcopus on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edonnelly
Administrator

Re: The girl in my avatar

Post by edonnelly »

Episcopus wrote:My dear little girl accepts Greek and Latin like no one else...
Yes, but what are her feelings about chlorine?

cweb255
Textkit Fan

Re: The girl in my avatar

Post by cweb255 »

Episcopus wrote:Her middle name is cweb255. Yes see web two five five. Ok I'm lying but still. She has the middle name of her teenage mother, but the french version.
Hrm, if I had not thought that the girl in your avatar was that lovely asian you had earlier, I would have missed this entirely. Any particular reason you single me out, Chloroboy?

Yhevhe
Textkit Fan

Post by Yhevhe »

Could someone please explain the initial lecture to me? :oops:

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

I wonder who she has inherited the pouting gene from, and more importantly, whether she has inherited her mother’s obvious poor taste in men.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

AGNOTVM QVIDEM TE, O EVREKA, IRASCENDO EPISCOPO ILLI STVDERE, AT ID VERO ETIAM TIBI PAVLVLI.

ThomasGR
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by ThomasGR »

Well, I find that lovely little girl being very attractive, and she knows how to deal with people!!! Whenever asomething doesn't go her ways, she'll make some pouting grimaces, and Episcope is already riding in the skys :wink: ready to fulfill all her wishes! :lol:

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

λέγε, ὦ ’Επίσκωπε, μὴ βληχῶ ὡς τὸ πρόβατον.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Cherish this while you can.
Last edited by Episcopus on Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whiteoctave
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by whiteoctave »

ah yes. that does seem a while ago, although not that long. time moves fast in Classics, hence my questionable orthography c/o Summer '-04.

as a completely independent point, E., i recently learnt of the amusing misconception of the word anulus by the great Lewis and Short. in the following passage from Cato they decided to ditch the translation 'ring' - a sense attested by the word every other time in the Latin language - and in the end go for, ahem, fundamentum. it amused me, much like Housman's pointing out the omission of the word for cat in the TLL.

Cato de agr. 159: intertigini remedium. in uiam cum ibis, apsinthi Pontici surculum sub anulo habeto.

~D

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

I really need to learn latin huh?

I keep thinking that.....but I really was thinking of polishing up my German first. Hmmmmm.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

David, if your Latin was questionable in '04, what do you call Vis ioculer quam haha, irascerere me effecisse valde spero.

Well the first letter I received from you was very high in latinity considering that you have had little actual Roman influence in your blood that's to say you are a Cumbrian farmboy. I however as benissimus suggested must have been in a past life a lowly Roman boy named Publius who naturally could not read literature yet but was hit on the head with a ball when he was 2.

I miss those little exchanges it is the classicist equivalent of a schoolyard scrap. The Agora is quiet nowadays and I have not been required for months to write any latin, which is shameful. I should be very grateful if cweb joined in also. Yes see web two five five. Come on cweb hit me in the real life Agora complex, just remember the personal endings are [s] 1. -o/-m 2. -s 3. -t [p] 1. -mus 2. -tis 3. -nt