Resources for Biblical Hebrew?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
JLatin1
Textkit Neophyte

Resources for Biblical Hebrew?

Post by JLatin1 »

I'm not a complete beginner, as I already know some Modern Hebrew and can generally get the gist of Biblical Hebrew if I know the vocab. I would like to know if there are any free online grammars such as the ones posted here for Latin. My goal is learn more from a grammar standpoint, because I haven't really ever learned Biblical Hebrew grammar.

Thanks,
-Jonathan

Dacicus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dacicus »

I found this site and started looking through some of the information. Unfortunately, my first year of college has interfered with all of my language studies. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into it during the summer.

cweb255
Textkit Fan

Post by cweb255 »

If you have questions (not really tutorial style) you can ask people at my forum who are pretty knowledgeable about Hebrew. Otherwise I'd recommend the cheap TY Biblical Hebrew which you can get from Amazon for a good price. For a better book, but a little more expensive, there's always Lambdin's.

Chris Weimer

adz000
Textkit Member

Post by adz000 »

Well...if you knew Latin you could consult the Grammatica hebraica absolutissima digitally available at the Bibliotheque Nationale de France:

http://visualiseur.bnf.fr/Visualiseur?D ... NUMM-93073

(hint, hint)

yadfothgildloc
Textkit Member

Post by yadfothgildloc »

THere seem to be a bunch of us here who know some Hebrew. I don't reommend the TY book, but the classes at my school use Kelley's - which I'll be basing the tutoring I do this summer on.

If you're advanced neough, perhaps all you need is a good reference grammar and a lexicon.

cweb255
Textkit Fan

Post by cweb255 »

yadfothgildloc - any reason in particular you didn't enjoy the TY book?