Asterix Legionarius

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Odysseus
Textkit Neophyte

Asterix Legionarius

Post by Odysseus »

I received my copy of Asterix the Legionare in the mail from Amazon last week and think it's uber cool. Learning vocab from cartoons is the way to go. There's a vocab list with English, German, Spanish and some other language at the back too.<br /><br />The whole book has been translated to Latin. Even Dogmatix uuuluuluus rather than howls :D<br /><br />There are a bunch of other books as well; expect they're all in hardcover like the legionare.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Re:Asterix Legionarius

Post by Keesa »

It sounds neat! I have comic books in French that I've used to help me learn French. They're great! <br /><br />Keesa

vinobrien
Textkit Member

Re:Asterix Legionarius

Post by vinobrien »

I totally agree. I always buy loads of bandes desinees when I'm in France and have rather too many in other languages as well. I also have a version of Caesar's Gallic Wars as a comic book - somehow it always looks more fun than the original.

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley »

Asterix Legionarius can be found on the internet here: http://asterix.comics.cz/bonus.htm

I have no idea what the Czech says, but just follow the links.