Elementary Latin Exercises by Hillard - Answer Key

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Brian
Textkit Neophyte

Elementary Latin Exercises by Hillard - Answer Key

Post by Brian »

Hello All

First of all, the questions I am about to ask may already have been answered elsewhere in this forum. If so I would appreciate it if you could direct me to the answers.

1. I have been using North and Hillard's Latin Prose Composition. However, there is a book Elementary Latin Exercises designed as a complete introduction to North and Hillard's Latin Prose Composition. I know that this book is available new and used. I am sure that I saw an answer key for it somewhere. Does anyone know where I can get an answer key for Elementary Latin Exercises by Hillard?

2. Why is this introduction to Latin Prose Composition not available for download? Copyright problems I suspect.

thanks in advance

Brian

benissimus
Global Moderator

Re: Elementary Latin Exercises by Hillard - Answer Key

Post by benissimus »

Welcome, Brian.
1. I have been using North and Hillard's Latin Prose Composition. However, there is a book Elementary Latin Exercises designed as a complete introduction to North and Hillard's Latin Prose Composition. I know that this book is available new and used. I am sure that I saw an answer key for it somewhere. Does anyone know where I can get an answer key for Elementary Latin Exercises by Hillard?

I've never heard of it, perhaps you can get one from the publisher?

2. Why is this introduction to Latin Prose Composition not available for download? Copyright problems I suspect.

Textkit can only host public domain materials, that is books copyrighted before 1921 or so.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

chrisb
Textkit Neophyte

Post by chrisb »

There is an answer key to 'Elementary Latin Exercises'. One was up for sale on the UK Ebay site a couple of months ago. I bid for it, but it eventually went for quite a price!

Happy hunting.

chrisb

chrisb
Textkit Neophyte

Post by chrisb »

The answer key is available on UK Ebay right now! :D Currently no bids - asking price £4.00 sterling. When I looked a few moments ago, there were 9+ days left for bidding. Let me know if you win!!

chrisb

Brian
Textkit Neophyte

Latin Exercises

Post by Brian »

Thanks Chrisb

I will take a look.

Brian