We're getting restless

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re:We're getting restless

Post by Jeff Tirey » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:24 pm

[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=349;start=0#2551 date=1059849430]<br />I notice my Latin brethren getting anxious, seeing that the Greeks now have two fora, while the Romans have but one. The Latin forum is also much larger... :o<br /><br />Too bad there aren't as many people familiar with the other brands of Latin...<br />[/quote]<br /><br />There's nothing I would like more than more boards. But I'm not sure there is the traffic to support an additional Latin board. In time, I'm certain more boards will be created.<br /><br />True, the Greeks have two - but that NT board might still have been a bit premature. Not much happening in it. Hopefully, our NT content will get linked to and that will change.<br /><br />I have been tossing the idea around in my mind of creating some boards that would relate to specific authors and textbooks. A Homeric board, First Greek Book board and Beginner's Latin Book board.<br /><br />But:<br /><br />a: I don't know if that's really necessary in light of the traffic levels<br />b: I don't know if that will confuse new comers and create more work for moderators who would then have to move posts around when threads are started in the wrong place.<br /><br /><br />It's YOUR forum - thoughts, suggestions?<br /><br />jeff
Textkit Founder

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:30 pm

I like it the way it is... just stirring up trouble :P
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:33 pm

as an aside, is it just me or are our avatars HUGE today?

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:37 pm

Hahahahahaha. Yeah, it's true. That was hilarious, klewlis.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:38 pm

[quote author=klewlis link=board=6;threadid=349;start=0#2711 date=1060004020]<br />as an aside, is it just me or are our avatars HUGE today?<br />[/quote]<br />I was experimenting with the forum settings. It's back to normal now.
Textkit Founder

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:40 pm

yeah I noticed that you fixed the headings problem, so thought you must be playing ;)

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey » Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:42 pm

While we're on the subject of the forum template - how do the forum colors look to Mac people? I'm not sure if there's enough contrast between all the white and grey.
Textkit Founder

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:00 pm

uh that's pretty off topic there jeff ;)
phpbb

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:10 pm

This is the open forum :p

bingley
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by bingley » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:23 pm

Keep it simple. I don't think there's enough traffic yet to justify lots of different boards.