Stem-cell research?

Philosophers and rhetoricians, Welcome!
Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:02 pm

Bans? Well, I'm not talking about banning abortions, just restricting them. Maybe you need a 'restrict abortions' lobby, as it's quite clear with all those 'liberals' around that you won't ever get a ban. I don't agree with those liberals, but i don't agree in a total ban either. I think that the UK's policy is a good one. Germany's is ok, but I don't like the fact that Muslim women or atheist need a document to be signed by some Christian church guy to get the abortion, as it sort of implies that only Christians can act morally - a neutral institution could give their ethical verdict just as well (but that's just an irrelevant detail really, the system is ok :wink: ).
phpbb

Turpissimus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Turpissimus » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:06 pm

Most American people would support some bans on Abortion but the liberal trial lawyers, the ACLU, and others like Hilary Clinton won't let it happen.
I imagine it probably has more to do with the courts than the ACLU and their lawyers. I can't see that Hilary Clinton would have any influence whatsoever.

I have been told that there is a slight conservative majority on the SCOTUS, and of course the Republicans have controlled the presidency, the House and the Senate for some time, so I imagine that any lack of legislation on this matter is the fault of Republicans rather than trial lawyers.
phpbb