I have an idea: Why don't the Blue states join Canada?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
classicalclarinet
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by classicalclarinet »

You just gave me an idea. We will get all the snowbirds, people who migrate north during winter, to register to vote in the blue counties up north.

For maximun effectiveness, let them come to Alaska!

EmptyMan
Textkit Neophyte

Post by EmptyMan »

Whatever happens now is the Republicans' fault. Get used to it.
Lol, darn Republicans cause millions of kids to die a year. No wait, that was the Democrats. The republicans sue towns for millions of dollars becuase they have a christmans tree in public then they sue for haveing to sue, no, wait that's the liberals.

classicalclarinet
Textkit Enthusiast

sue towns for millions of dollars becuase they have a christmans tree in public
wow, I haven't heard about this. ;)

democritus wasn't arguing about social issues. Republicans are responsible for the deficit (tax cuts, anyone?), not Democrats.

Rhuiden
Textkit Fan

Post by Rhuiden »

Democritus wrote:
EmptyMan wrote:The Republicans don't contoll anything yet, the Dems can filabuster anytime they want. And, btw, I said almost contol the country. Thank goodness.
There is no filibustering in the House of Representatives. And filibustering can only rarely used in the Senate. Most bills are passed by simple majority.

Remember all that talk about "personal responsibility" ? The GOP has the power, so they have the responsibilty. No more whining like victims. They have been in control for some time now, and this week that control has become stronger. Whatever happens now is the Republicans' fault. Get used to it.
Like I said earlier...it is time for the republicans to grow a backbone and to begin acting like the majority party and implementing the conservative agenda. I am hopeful this will happen but based on the last several years I fear it will not.

Rhuiden

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Well one state at least is all blue... they might want to join Canada :wink: .

William
Textkit Fan

Post by William »

Rhuiden wrote:Like I said earlier...it is time for the republicans to grow a backbone and to begin acting like the majority party and implementing the conservative agenda.
Begin implementing a conservative agenda? What have they been doing for the last four years? The Iraq war. Tax cuts for high earners. Aren't those items on the right wing agenda?

William

Timothy
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Timothy »

William wrote:Begin implementing a conservative agenda? What have they been doing for the last four years?
practising

PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by PeterD »

Seriously, though, I think it would be great if Canada and the US (why not Mexico, too) did away with their borders, just like the European states did. Why not? We share the same continent, speak the same language and basically share a lot of the same values. Just for starters, we'd both probably save a ton of money just in brokerage fees alone!

Phew! I have had my political fill. Unless George W. implodes (hehehe), I am calling it quits (for now at least).

Does anyone have any spathiphyllums at home? If so, let me know. I have a lot of questions to ask you.

~PeterD

p.s. When I suggested California join Canada, I had completely forgotten about Schwarzenegger. :shock:

p.p.s. btw, Louisiana is the only state not to have counties; they are called 'Parishes.' And, some useless trivia, it is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona. :?
Fanatical ranting is not just fine because it's eloquent. What if I ranted for the extermination of a people in an eloquent manner, would that make it fine? Rather, ranting, be it fanatical or otherwise, is fine if what is said is true and just. ---PeterD, in reply to IreneY and Annis

Geoff
Textkit Fan

Post by Geoff »

We all have the Same Language?

Spanish, French, English, and whatever it is they speak in Arkansas.

classicalclarinet
Textkit Enthusiast

AK also has no counties. We have Boroughs.