Re-Election..

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
classicalclarinet
Textkit Enthusiast
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:27 am
Location: Anc, AK, USA

Post by classicalclarinet » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:01 am

The thing is, Bush may have a higher IQ, but that doesn't mean he's not foolish.

EmptyMan
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:48 am
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Post by EmptyMan » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:59 am

classicalclarinet wrote:The thing is, Bush may have a higher IQ, but that doesn't mean he's not foolish.
Good point, The same goes for Kerry. Anyone who thinks a girl can get an abortion because she made the choice to have sexual relations before marriage seems pretty foolish to me. It also seems foolish that my girlfreind can kill my son without my ever knowing it. Is my son, my son, in the womb? Or should I have to wait till he gets out to call him my son? Or is my son 100% property of an irresponisble woman? Bah, I am getting of on a rant but who can blame me with thousands of doctors getting rich off the choices of irresonsible men and women and selling the childs organs to private stem-cell researchers. What a sad day and age it is. :? When will the loving compassionate side of the liberals show up?

Rhuiden
Textkit Fan
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: East Tennessee

Post by Rhuiden » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:06 am

EmptyMan wrote:
classicalclarinet wrote:The thing is, Bush may have a higher IQ, but that doesn't mean he's not foolish.
Good point, The same goes for Kerry. Anyone who thinks a girl can get an abortion because she made the choice to have sexual relations before marriage seems pretty foolish to me. It also seems foolish that my girlfreind can kill my son without my ever knowing it. Is my son, my son, in the womb? Or should I have to wait till he gets out to call him my son? Or is my son 100% property of an irresponisble woman? Bah, I am getting of on a rant but who can blame me with thousands of doctors getting rich off the choices of irresonsible men and women and selling the childs organs to private stem-cell researchers. What a sad day and age it is. :? When will the loving compassionate side of the liberals show up?
Well said. It is a sad time indeed when abortion is used as a form of birth control. Another irony is that those who claim to be the most open minded (liberals) often seem to be the first to dismiss someone who does not agree with them.

Rhuiden

classicalclarinet
Textkit Enthusiast
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:27 am
Location: Anc, AK, USA

Post by classicalclarinet » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:28 am

women and selling the childs organs to private stem-cell researchers.
I agree with your other points, but the whole point of fetal stem cell research is that they are not yet develpoed. late-term fetuses aren't the ones being used for research. Remember, in all those in-vitro clinics many many zygotes are going to be killed (if one can say that) anyways.

William
Textkit Fan
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:16 pm
Location: Kearny, NJ 07032 • Die vereinigten Staaten

Post by William » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:40 am

EmptyMan wrote:Anyone who thinks a girl can get an abortion because she made the choice to have sexual relations before marriage seems pretty foolish to me.
Any responsibility for the man in the situation, or is it all about punishing women for being dirty little whores? Just curious how it works in your fire and brimstone world.

William

Rhuiden
Textkit Fan
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: East Tennessee

Post by Rhuiden » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:19 am

William wrote:
EmptyMan wrote:Anyone who thinks a girl can get an abortion because she made the choice to have sexual relations before marriage seems pretty foolish to me.
Any responsibility for the man in the situation, or is it all about punishing women for being dirty little whores? Just curious how it works in your fire and brimstone world.

William
I believe the man to be equally at fault for the abortion. The problem is that when the issue is discussed, it is as if the man has no say in the matter. This is not right. Real men take responsibility for their actions and would do the right thing.

Rhuiden

EmptyMan
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:48 am
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Post by EmptyMan » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:55 am

William wrote:
EmptyMan wrote:Anyone who thinks a girl can get an abortion because she made the choice to have sexual relations before marriage seems pretty foolish to me.
Any responsibility for the man in the situation, or is it all about punishing women for being dirty little whores? Just curious how it works in your fire and brimstone world.

William
Did you read my post? "getting rich off the choices of irresonsible men and women "

EmptyMan
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:48 am
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Post by EmptyMan » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:58 am

classicalclarinet wrote:
women and selling the childs organs to private stem-cell researchers.
I agree with your other points, but the whole point of fetal stem cell research is that they are not yet develpoed. late-term fetuses aren't the ones being used for research. Remember, in all those in-vitro clinics many many zygotes are going to be killed (if one can say that) anyways.
In a readers Digest article a women got pregnent just to sell her fetus to private stem-cell researchers. A fetus is a human no matter how undeveloped. Just like a 2 year old is just as human as an old women. Development discrimination won't cut it.

classicalclarinet
Textkit Enthusiast
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:27 am
Location: Anc, AK, USA

Post by classicalclarinet » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:25 am

Readers' Digest?
Sensational story? :wink:

The thing is, the WHOLE question is not choice, in my opinion, but the question of the beginning of life.

Rhuiden
Textkit Fan
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: East Tennessee

Post by Rhuiden » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:30 am

classicalclarinet wrote:Readers' Digest?
Sensational story? :wink:

The thing is, the WHOLE question is not choice, in my opinion, but the question of the beginning of life.
Exactly....LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION. There is no other possibility.

Rhuiden

Eureka
Textkit Zealot
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:52 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by Eureka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:35 am

Rhuiden wrote:Exactly....LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION. There is no other possibility.

Rhuiden
Says you.
phpbb

EmptyMan
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:48 am
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Post by EmptyMan » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:36 am

classicalclarinet wrote:Readers' Digest?
Sensational story? :wink:

The thing is, the WHOLE question is not choice, in my opinion, but the question of the beginning of life.
Ok, if the fetus is not alive what is it? I have never heard the argument that the fetus is not actually alive held up. What is the point of killing somthing that is not alive? I have never seen a pro-life movement for inanimate objects. 8)
Last edited by EmptyMan on Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

EmptyMan
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:48 am
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Post by EmptyMan » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:38 am

Eureka wrote:
Rhuiden wrote:Exactly....LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION. There is no other possibility.

Rhuiden
Says you.
Lol. Says biology. Ok, if the fetus is not alive I can infer that it must be dead. Based on that we are killing a dead baby. So silly when people try to say life does not begin at conception. If it is not life then I ain't living.

Eureka
Textkit Zealot
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:52 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by Eureka » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:40 am

EmptyMan wrote:Lol. Says biology. Ok, if the fetus is not alive I can infer that it must be dead. Based on that we are killing a dead baby. So silly when people try to say life does not begin at conception. If it is not life then I ain't living.
We kill living things all the time; the point is, when is it human?

Not at conception, I say.
phpbb

William
Textkit Fan
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:16 pm
Location: Kearny, NJ 07032 • Die vereinigten Staaten

Post by William » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:25 am

EmptyMan wrote:Did you read my post?
Unfortunately I did.

William

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:57 pm

Post by Episcopus » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:05 pm

Hey guys, I seriously think that you should spend more time studying classics than taking part in so many of these debates that get us nowhere...remember, greek and latin make us wiser. As I wrote.
phpbb

Timothy
Textkit Enthusiast
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:16 pm
Location: Baltimore

Post by Timothy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:18 pm

Episcopus wrote:...remember, greek and latin make us wiser.
11 States have proposed constitutional amendments that define greek and latin to be exclusively that which is found in the bible.
phpbb

Kopio
Global Moderator
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:56 pm
Location: Boise, ID
Contact:

Post by Kopio » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:19 pm

Episcopus wrote:Hey guys, I seriously think that you should spend more time studying classics than taking part in so many of these debates that get us nowhere...remember, greek and latin make us wiser. As I wrote.
Here here!!! Many there's a lot of heavily political/moral threads going on here....I think I'll start a new thread about butterflies or something!

EmptyMan
Textkit Neophyte
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:48 am
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Post by EmptyMan » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:04 pm

Eureka wrote:
EmptyMan wrote:Lol. Says biology. Ok, if the fetus is not alive I can infer that it must be dead. Based on that we are killing a dead baby. So silly when people try to say life does not begin at conception. If it is not life then I ain't living.
We kill living things all the time; the point is, when is it human?

Not at conception, I say.
That's obsurd, it's like saying I am not human yet because I have not fully developed. The fetus at all points of development has the same genes he will always have and he has the same chromones he will always have. The fetus at conception is a homo-sapien. Or maybe he is be a camel or somthing, but certainly not human, right?

Emma_85
Global Moderator
Posts: 1564
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:01 pm
Location: London

Post by Emma_85 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:45 pm

:arrow: can we please continue this debate in the Academy... :wink: otherwise Episcopus and Will will start talking to you in Latin and Greek and you might have to do some translating :o

:wink:
phpbb

Post Reply