CLAIMED - Greek & Latin Introductory Textbooks

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
RandyGibbons
Textkit Enthusiast

CLAIMED - Greek & Latin Introductory Textbooks

Post by RandyGibbons »

9/5/19 Randy tells me that these have been claimed --Joel

With Joel's permission, I am announcing here that in the interests of liberating some bookshelf space I am unloading my collection of Greek and Latin introductory textbooks - inventory below. I am giving these away, not selling them, on the condition only that the recipient take them all. (For simplicity sake, I would prefer, to be honest, to unload these in the U.S. If overseas, I would have to make some arrangement to be reimbursed for the cost of shipping.)

If you're interested, please email me at randall.gibbons@gmail.com and include your mailing address.

Randy

Greek

+ The complete English and Italian Athenaze. The English set includes the 2-volume Teacher's Handbook, which includes an exercise key and which I somehow persuaded OUP, against their normal policy, to sell me, a non-institutional user. The English set also includes Mark Miner's audio CD. The Italian set includes Volumes 1 and 2, plus the Μελετήματα, the Quaderno di esercizi, and their edition of La Tavola di Cebète.

+ The complete JACT's Reading Greek, including the 2-CD audio set

+ The Dover 2009 paperback reprint of Crosby & Schaeffer's An Introduction to Greek

+ Pharr's Homeric Greek: A Book for Beginners

+ Assimil's Le Grec ancien, including the audio CDs

+ Christophe Rico's Πόλις: Parler Le Grec Ancien Comme une Langue Vivante (2009), including the audio CD

+ First Greek Course, Anne Mahoney (2011) after W.H.D. Rouse

+ Rouse’s Greek Boy: A Reader, W.H.D. Rouse, edited by Anne Mahoney

+ Thrasymachus, C.W.E. Peckett & A.R. Murray, 1970

+ Abridged Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon, paperback (“The Little Liddell,” Larger Typeface)

Latin

+ Wheelock's Latin, 7th ed.

+ Wheelock's Latin Reader: Selections from Latin Literature

+ Keller & Russell's two-volume Learn to Read Latin

+ Hans Ørberg's Lingua Latina: Pars I Familia Romana, Pars II Roma Aeterna, Indices, Grammatica Latina

+ A Practical Grammar of the Latin Language; With Perpetual Exercises in Speaking and Writing: For the Use of Schools, Colleges, and Private Learners, George J. Adler (paperback reprint)

+ A Key to the Exercises Contained in Adler’s Practical Grammar of the Latin Language

+ Winnie Ille Pu, translated into Latin by Alexander Lenard, 1987

All are in excellent condition except for a few minor dog ears.

scotistic
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Greek & Latin Introductory Textbooks Available

Post by scotistic »

I would love to take you up on this offer, but I have most of these myself already. I hope someone is able to derive and appreciate the enormous benefits available with this collection.