Vesper bonus!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
DanielHarley
Textkit Neophyte

Vesper bonus!

Post by DanielHarley »

Vesper bonus, omnes! Brittunculus sum.

I have just joined the forum, hoping it will help with my study of Latin.

I've done a bunch of Linney's Latin Class and, in an effort to try some CI, I'm now ploughing through LLPSI by Hans Orberg.

I'm currently on chapter 16 'Tempestas' which I'm finding much tougher than earlier chapters.

Any suggestions on how I can assist my studies are certainly welcome.

I'm also off to Athens in 3 weeks, so any tips on what to look out for are also welcome!

Dan!

Propertius
Textkit Fan

Re: Vesper bonus!

Post by Propertius »

What a coincidence: Orberg’s Lingua Latina also began to get hard for me at Ch. 16. Do you have the Companian to it? I would recommend getting it.

DanielHarley
Textkit Neophyte

Post by DanielHarley »

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad it's not just me noticing the shift in difficulty.

I do have a companion book, the one published by Neumann. Is this the one you're referring to? I haven't read the chapter that corresponds with Tempestas yet but up until now I haven't found it all that useful. Maybe I will now that I'm struggling more with LLPSI though!

Propertius
Textkit Fan

Post by Propertius »

DanielHarley wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:29 pm Thanks for the reply! I'm glad it's not just me noticing the shift in difficulty.

I do have a companion book, the one published by Neumann. Is this the one you're referring to? I haven't read the chapter that corresponds with Tempestas yet but up until now I haven't found it all that useful. Maybe I will now that I'm struggling more with LLPSI though!
Yes, that’s the one I was referring to. You should have used it from the beginning. I actually restarted Familia Romana from the beginning again after I got the Companion (I didn’t know about the Companion when I first got Familia Romana). I feel that it made a difference and that I understood what I was reading better after learning the grammar first. I would read the grammar lesson in the Companion corresponding to the reading lesson in Familia Romana then I would read the reading lesson. So in three days I would finish each chapter (with the exception of the two reading lesson chapters which are few). You should look into trying that. Unfortunately Roma Aeterna and its Companion aren’t divided the same way. Would have been a lot better if it was.

Good luck with your journey on learning Latin.