Pleased to be here

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
LosChristabel
Textkit Neophyte

Pleased to be here

Post by LosChristabel »

I go by Desdinova or Los Christabel. My interests are writing and linguistics. My goals are conversational and Liturgical Latin. Actually right now, I can't think of much to say about myself.

Please be nice to me. I'm a nOOb (here, at least) I hope never to misuse the subjunctive. :D

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome! I'm a writer myself, studying French and Latin (and Greek and Gaelic and Spanish, although I've laid those aside for the summer). I study more classical Latin, though, or whatever it's called. Older Latin.
:D

What sort of things do you write?

Again, welcome to Textkit. I hope we can help you out with your Latin!

~Keesa

Amy
Textkit Fan

Post by Amy »

welcome! We're glad to have you.

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: Pleased to be here

Post by mariek »

Welcome to Textkit!

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Welcome. We'll be nice to you alright.
I won't call you a nOOb untill I know whether I am insulting or complimenting you. (What in the world is a nOOb?)

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Salve, Desdinova!

We share a goal in common, that of conversational Latin, which I'd be happy to explore with you at some point. The advice from some of the pundits here has certainly helped me along in that course.

My interests also are largely writing and linguistics (and often combinations of the two), in particular comparative philology and novel-writing. I'm also a die-hard lover of all languages, from the Classical Latin, Greek, and Sanskrit, to the modern Romance tongues, modern Greek, and Hindi, and also the Germanic languages, from High German to Old English, to the Celtic tongues, in particular Irish Gaelic, to the Semitic tongues, from Hebrew to Aramaic to Phoenecian to Arabic to Ancient Egyptian, as well as the Eastern languages, from Japanese to Korean to Chinese to Thai; and a new peculiar interest now, Native American languages, especially Iroquoian, and also their relatives the Dravidian tongues, and their relatives Finnish and Hungarian and Etruscan. Oh yah, Elvish too. :) (But they don't think that one counts here. ;) )

Oh, I've misused the subjunctive lots of times. Worst thing that happened was Benissimus' sudden migraine; but he got better. :D
(What in the world is a nOOb?)
A "newbie," as in a "new guy," a "new kid in town," a "new pledge." :: ... descends into Animal House mode ... :: "They can't do that to our pledges. Only we can do that to our pledges!"

"Welcome to Delta House!"
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

Geoff
Textkit Fan

Post by Geoff »

I have found that there are no "n00bs" here. The intelligent and proficient at textkit are also friendly and benevolent.

How do you decline "n00B" ?

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

Geoff wrote:I have found that there are no "n00bs" here. The intelligent and proficient at textkit are also friendly and benevolent.

How do you decline "n00B" ?
n00B, n0B0$.