Verba Online Lewis and Short Dictionary Interface

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
tolky0001
Textkit Neophyte

Verba Online Lewis and Short Dictionary Interface

Post by tolky0001 »

I am entranced by the Latin interface to the entire Lewis and Short dictionary: Verba. I recently downloaded it with no problem on my late Mac 2013, but I am now tutoring a student who would like to download it but can't on his 2018 Mac Mini and Macbook Pro. Does anybody have any ideas on how to contact a creator/find a more user friendly download etc. on this incredibly useful interface that saves a lot of time over book dictionary work? Tibi Gratias Ago.

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Verba Online Lewis and Short Dictionary Interface

Post by jeidsath »

It was originally written by Joshua Hayes. Andrew Dunning appears to have done the last update.

https://andrewdunning.ca/
https://github.com/adunning/Verba
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

tolky0001
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tolky0001 »

Hey, thanks, very much!

tolky0001
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tolky0001 »

I am very sorry for my incompotence in these matters, but is there an easy (only method I can use) way to download a file from that Github to upload it to Mac, or should I contact Dr. Dunning?

Best.

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

Yes, I think that you'll want to contact him. The website for his 1.3 version update doesn't seem to be up anymore.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com