Salvete!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Titus Marius Crispus
Textkit Neophyte

Salvete!

Post by Titus Marius Crispus »

Salvete omnes!
I am called Thomas Jack. I'm a High School student in San Antonio, Texas USA. I am pretty familiar with Latin, and am looking to learn some Greek (I have had no previous experience with Greek.)

Just thought I'd introduce myself,
Titus Marius Crispus

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Welcome to Textkit
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by PeterD »

χαῖρε, θωμᾶ

No experience is necessary for Greek, just gray matter which I'm sure you possess in abundance.

Peter

P.S. If only Alexander had not died so young, then there would be no awful Roman Empire, ergo, no Latin! :wink:
Fanatical ranting is not just fine because it's eloquent. What if I ranted for the extermination of a people in an eloquent manner, would that make it fine? Rather, ranting, be it fanatical or otherwise, is fine if what is said is true and just. ---PeterD, in reply to IreneY and Annis

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

PeterD wrote:P.S. If only Alexander had not died so young, then there would be no awful Roman Empire, ergo, no Latin! :wink:
I resent that! :x
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Barrius
Textkit Member

Re: Salvete!

Post by Barrius »

Titus Marius Crispus wrote:Salvete omnes!
I am called Thomas Jack. I'm a High School student in San Antonio, Texas USA. I am pretty familiar with Latin, and am looking to learn some Greek (I have had no previous experience with Greek.)
Welcome Thomas! I'm a whole lot older than you, and I'm just now learning Latin. Congratulations on learning a great language, and for wanting to learn more. I wish you much success!

PeterD
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by PeterD »

Benissimus wrote: I resent that! :x
Just kidding...I had a feeling that would "get your goat," Benissimus. :)
Fanatical ranting is not just fine because it's eloquent. What if I ranted for the extermination of a people in an eloquent manner, would that make it fine? Rather, ranting, be it fanatical or otherwise, is fine if what is said is true and just. ---PeterD, in reply to IreneY and Annis

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome, Thomas!

I'm in high school, too--just out, actually--and languages are my passion. Well, one of them. There's always reading, writing, gardening, history, science, physics...but I digress. I've been studying French, Latin, Greek, Gaelic and a touch of Spanish (actually, I've been "picking up" the Spanish more than studying it, but I still like to count it), but I've set most of them aside for the summer to concentrate on French and Latin.

I'm looking forward to seeing you on Textkit!

~Keesa

eris
Textkit Member

Post by eris »

Welcome to the boards, Thomas! :)

You will find that the folks on Textkit to be quite friendly & helpful. I wish you well in your studies!

Titus Marius Crispus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Titus Marius Crispus »

Salve eris!
Are you perhaps named for Discordia? Would you perhaps recognize the significance of the number 23?

Titus Marius Crispus

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Welcome!

I'm also learning Greek. Nice to see another one who decide to learn Greek.
Nice time in textkit!