hectabrach plus

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
whiteoctave
Textkit Enthusiast

hectabrach plus

Post by whiteoctave »

far from the title of this topic being the name of some obscure body ointment, i came across the word abolefacio today. i accordingly noted that the present active infinitive forms a run of six syllables that would all be scanned as short ab-o-le-fa-ce-re - thus what would surely be called a hectabrach.
does anyone know, or can anyone think of, a heptabrach or more?

~D

Barrius
Textkit Member

Post by Barrius »

For the incredibly dense among us ------> ME! <------, what is a hectabrach/heptabrach? Nothing on Google.

7 branches?

whiteoctave
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by whiteoctave »

I am unsurprised that the word is not found on google, being a neologism of my own. it is formed from analogy of the term for three shorts - tribrach - (literally 'three short' in Grk). Four shorts, however, are termed proceleusmatic rather than tetrabrach, but nevermind.

~D

Barrius
Textkit Member

Post by Barrius »

whiteoctave wrote:I am unsurprised that the word is not found on google, being a neologism of my own. it is formed from analogy of the term for three shorts - tribrach - (literally 'three short' in Grk). Four shorts, however, are termed proceleusmatic rather than tetrabrach, but nevermind.

~D
:shock: That explains that!

Now how do we get Google to recognize it, and shower you with honour and glory? :lol:

Titus Marius Crispus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Titus Marius Crispus »

Just link to this post with link text including 'hectabrach' from a currently google-indexed site. (I think)

Crispus

Barrius
Textkit Member

Post by Barrius »

Titus Marius Crispus wrote:Just link to this post with link text including 'hectabrach' from a currently google-indexed site. (I think)
Anybody with a web page?

PS. San Antonio is beautiful, been there a few times. Next door neighbor is moving about 30 miles from you this week. I need to visit SA, the Riverwalk, and enjoy some authentic Tex-Mex cuisine.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Google will pick it up on its own, since textkit is regularly indexed anyway. :)
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Barrius
Textkit Member

Post by Barrius »

klewlis wrote:Google will pick it up on its own, since textkit is regularly indexed anyway. :)
Hear that? You're going to be famous! :wink: