Mr. Green

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Mr. Green

Post by Eureka »

:mrgreen: <= What emotion is this guy supposed to represent?

He seems to be completely elated, but morbidly ill at the same time.
Or perhaps he's overcome by jealosy, but immensely happy nonetheless.

He must be insane.

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Re: Mr. Green

Post by mingshey »

Eureka wrote::mrgreen: <= What emotion is this guy supposed to represent?

He seems to be completely elated, but morbidly ill at the same time.
Or perhaps he's overcome by jealosy, but immensely happy nonetheless.

He must be insane.
I think it is for 'grin'.

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Re: Mr. Green

Post by Eureka »

mingshey wrote:I think it is for 'grin'.
Only if it's an insane grin. :mrgreen:

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

He is obviously hysterical.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

I think it's 'green' only to rhyme with 'grin', an evil grin it might be, though. :)

Eureka
Textkit Zealot

Post by Eureka »

mingshey wrote:I think it's 'green' only to rhyme with 'grin', an evil grin it might be, though. :)
'Green' rhymes with 'grin', now? :?

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Insanely happy works for me...

Michaelyus
Textkit Fan

Post by Michaelyus »

Someone so insanely happy that his/her biliverdin and bilicyanin literally go to his/her head...? Oh dear, we won't be seeing Mr. Green much longer. :mrgreen:

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

You don't know why this smiley is green (I think he's more sort of blue/green though)! :shock:
The answer is so easy...
This is the first smiley to ever reach the south pole. It's a picture of the moment he reached the pole, that's why he's so happy. He also forgot to take his winter jacket which him, which is why he turned blue... ah, but you see, smilies are naturally yellow coloured... if you mix yellow and blue you get a sort of blue-green :mrgreen: . So - now you know the rest of the story.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

I agree with Emma that he is more blue than green. But not the rest of her alleged "explanation". (just teasing, Em ;)

Ockham's razor wins:

He's laughing so hard he's turning blue (lack of breath).
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Michaelyus
Textkit Fan

Post by Michaelyus »

He was laughing so much because he went blue at the South Pole, and he suffocated from his irrepressible joy as he planted the smiley flag there. But the evil smiley and his counterpart the twisted smiley had given him poisoned food. However, worried bracket smiley had warned him about the plot. The all-smiles smiley, as Mr. Green was called back then, had still taken the the poisoned supplies, so the two devil twins wouldn't suspect anything. Now, when he sat down for his lunch, it was late autumn, so it was dark. He became pretty jealous of the other smileys' comfort back home, but then he realised he had broken a new record, and really started to laugh. But which bag of supplies did he reach into? The one with poisoned food. The poison? Oh, just some biliverdin and billicyanin, along with various enzymes that stopped the normal excretion of these bile pigments. This made him morbidly ill and insane; utterly insane. :mrgreen:

Geoff
Textkit Fan

Post by Geoff »

I like Emma's clever observations

however,

He is more of an aquamarine so he's obviously from Atlantis and smiling insanely since he's mocking us for not knowing his language.

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Or he's mocking us because we just can't find him. Hmm... or does anyone here know where Atlantis is yet? :wink:

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Emma_85 wrote:Or he's mocking us because we just can't find him. Hmm... or does anyone here know where Atlantis is yet? :wink:
I do!

Well, it's not the *original* Atlantis. But check this: www.atlantis.com

They have massive aquariums, one of which replicates deep sea conditions and houses deep sea fish that you can't see anywhere else.

Some friends of mine went to Bermuda for their honeymoon and checked out this Atlantis. They said it is VERY cool but quite expensive (they could only afford to walk through...).
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Lucan
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Lucan »

Surely :mrgreen: is a sea sick pirate? Only a pirate would love the open sea and be manic enough to enjoy the feeling of being tossed about by the waves whilst simulataneously feeling sick. My argument falls down, however, in that the face does not have an eye-patch. But nonetheless I can confidently say that if Mr Green were ever to acquire a body he would have a wooden leg, a hook for a hand, and a parrot sat on his shoulder.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Emma_85 wrote:Hmm... or does anyone here know where Atlantis is yet? :wink:
But of course.

Atlantis lies in the realm of the imagination, beyond the seas of the heart's deepest desires. Those who find it do so by following the star of their secret dreams, and those who hold it do so by holding onto the knowledge that only children can find. Those who dwell there are called Blessed, for they know the power of a dream.

Michaelyus
Textkit Fan

Post by Michaelyus »

:mrgreen: could be a modern pirate, one who has gotten rid of his past and gone for the new way of emerald stealing, but who has the genetic disposition to like turbulence.

***note: emerald stealing***