Key to Elementary Greek Exercises

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Brian
Textkit Neophyte

Key to Elementary Greek Exercises

Post by Brian »

Hello Friends

I am looking for the Key to Elementary Greek Exercises by Hillard and Botting. I have not been able to find it. Focus and Duckworth which both publish the text do not print the Key. I am doing self study and I sure would like to know if I have the correct answers.

thanks

Brian

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re: Key to Elementary Greek Exercises

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Those keys are very difficult to locate. Is your search restricted to online only? Your best best is to look through British library and used book resources. I don't believe I have ever seen that key available state-side. I'm sure it's here, but not easy to find. All I ever see are the Duckworth reprints outside of University library catalogs.

JEff
Textkit Founder

faysal2009
Textkit Neophyte

Post by faysal2009 »

hi, i've used that book before. i found it helpful to start with the greek to english excercises first (near the back of the book), rather than the english to greek. they are keyed into each other.
but i prefer 'elementary greek translation' hillard and botting, and 'greek for beginners' l.a. wilding.

ngourlay
Textkit Neophyte

Post by ngourlay »

Wow. Eight years later...

I have found a copy of this book, which I'm going to re-publish this year. This is essentially a placeholder for google searchers to say that if you desperately (!) need an answer, you can email me: ngourlay-at-gmail.com

truks
Textkit Member

Post by truks »

A big thank-you to Nigel, who kindly sent me a copy of the key!

ngourlay
Textkit Neophyte

Post by ngourlay »

Due to be published 26 September 2017:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/9811150052/