Germanic textkit ;-)

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Germanic textkit ;-)

Post by 1%homeless » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:04 am

This is the germanic textkit. I don't know if this has been posted yet, but since mingshey liked the Old Icelandic dictionary, I wanted to share another link. :-) But the annoying thing is that you have to download page by page. However, there are different formats of the text too.

http://www.ling.upenn.edu/~kurisuto/ger ... urces.html

chrisb
Textkit Neophyte

Post by chrisb » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:51 am

This is a very interesting site. But can anyone suggest any links to Sanskrit sites? Some time ago I bought Teach Yourself Sanskrit as a 'find' in a secondhand bookshop, but I find the lessons very difficult to digest. There is just too much there. I would like to know more about the relationships between the IE languages, especially Sanskrit, Greek and Latin, so any help would be useful.

Thanks,

chrisb

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey » Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:08 pm

chrisb wrote:This is a very interesting site. But can anyone suggest any links to Sanskrit sites? Some time ago I bought Teach Yourself Sanskrit as a 'find' in a secondhand bookshop, but I find the lessons very difficult to digest. There is just too much there. I would like to know more about the relationships between the IE languages, especially Sanskrit, Greek and Latin, so any help would be useful.

Thanks,

chrisb
See viewtopic.php?t=841
:idea: And try "Learning Tools" tab on the site that is linked there. :wink:
Last edited by mingshey on Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

chrisb
Textkit Neophyte

Post by chrisb » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:14 pm

Thanks mingshey. That looks good. I have downloaded the 'Master Sanskrit Easily' files and I think I can make better progress with that!

chrisb