An introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
arcacaerula
Textkit Neophyte

An introduction

Post by arcacaerula »

Salvete omnes!

I was idling around the vast interwebs, doing something of trivial importance (I say this because I cannot quite remember what it was, not necessarily because my actions were insignificant), when the mood struck me to search for an online community of Latin speakers. I had began studying the language about ten years ago and, though I've a more than proficient grasp of the language for the purposes of translating Abelard-Vergil, was nevertheless procrastinating in regards to finding a group of people with whom I could speak/type in the language; I really ought to have looked into this sooner, since languages work best when used to communicate naturally, but I digress. Having typed the proper words into the browser, I was met first with this delightful forum.

I look forward to making contributions to this e-corpus of classical camaraderie. :D

-Corey PMN
'Offam edeant.'

paulusnb
Textkit Fan

Re: An introduction

Post by paulusnb »

I am late on this, and the board has been quiet lately. End of the term for a few perhaps? I am so glad I give tests for a living instead of taking them. A teacher once told me it was better on his end. He was right.

Welcome to the group.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. ~Swift