Member submissions to Newsletter

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Member submissions to Newsletter

Post by Elucubrator »

New members, congratulations on having found our group. We're still small but growing fast. If you haven't subscribed to the Newsletter yet, please take the time to do so on the Textkit Homepage:<br /><br /> http://www.textkit.com/<br /><br />that'll be faster than scrolling up or sliding over to that back button. ;)<br />Anyway, the Newsletter (which someday will have a real name; we hope) is actually going to be more than just an e-mail announcing the arrival of new books for download. We plan to include short articles on syntactical or grammatical points in the language, special vocab lists, games, quizzes (the answers to which will be posted here on the boards). Also, we will accept submissions from our subscribed members and will include poems, and short stories, and visual art as well: paintings or drawings. Discussions in the Forum will sometimes depart from ideas in the Newsletter, so don't miss out. Soon, we are going to have more details on the Newsletter and submission guidelines. <br /><br />For the moment, if anybody want's to submit a short poem (please not all 24 books of your anti-Iliad written in Homeric archaising dactylic hexametre) send your submission to: seba@textkit.com <br /><br />It's short notice, so this might work out for those of you who would like to include something you have already written. It should somehow be linked to Homer or to any of the Homeric Themes: Iliad, wanderings of Odysseus, Troy, Rage of Achilles, etc. And it may be submitted in Latin, Ancient Greek, or English. Yes, you may also submit a poem in any other language (provided you include an accompanying English translation). <br /><br />We are going to try to get the Newsletter sent out by Tuesday late in the day. So if you have something you have already written and you wish to share it with the rest of the Textkit community you may send it to me. If you do not, but would like to write something, don't worry; there will be many upcoming opportunities. Two weeks from now we shall be aiming to send out the first Latin newsletter, and then alternate them every two weeks. The reason for the rush is because we thought that this way we could be getting the second Greek newsletter out at the beginning of next month rather than waiting that long to get the first one.<br /><br />vos curate,<br /><br />Seba<br /><br />

auctor
Textkit Member

Re:Member submissions to Newsletter

Post by auctor »

I have composed a series of crosswords that test ones knowledge of Latin and Classical Literature.<br />They can be made available to anybody who would like a look :)<br /><br />Paul McK

Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Post by Elucubrator »

Hi Paul,<br /><br />I'd love to see them. Can I put them in the Latin Newsletters?<br />thanks,<br /><br />Sebastian

auctor
Textkit Member

Post by auctor »

Of course [pws gar ou)]!!<br />I'll e-mail you direct<br /><br />Paul McK