gnt

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
charlie
Textkit Neophyte

gnt

Post by charlie »

i am giving serious thought to purchasing my first gnt in the next month, any suggestions? i've heard the NET diglot has english on one page and greek on the next. then there's the ubs4 and na27. so many choices :? . i welcome any and all suggestions. thank you.

charlie

Chris Weimer
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Chris Weimer »

I own UBS 4, but I hear the apparatus criticus for NA27 is slightly superior.

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Go with the NA27. I have both the UBS4 and NA27, along with a ton of other GNT's. If you are at all interested in Textual Criticism get the NA27. Zondervan also publishes a Reader's Greek New Testament that has words that occur under 50 times footnoted so that you can use it for vocab as you go along. The price of it is quite nice (I think it's $20-30) and it is handsomely bound. If you are a beginner, I would recommend it, it's what they use in second year Greek at the college I went to.

But for a good GNT, I'm NA27 all the way. It's the GNT that I carry with me at school and church.

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Kopio wrote: Reader's Greek New Testament that has words that occur under 50 times footnoted
under 30 (or 30 and under, not sure)

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

I knew it was under something..... :wink:

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

I under stood.

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »