Salvete!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Maximus
Textkit Neophyte

Salvete!

Post by Maximus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:18 pm

Hello everyone!

Although I've been registered here for 3 years already, it is only recently that I have begun to read this forum regularly (and participate sparsely). I feel, it is now the right time for a few words of introduction.

My real name is Maximilian and I believe 'Maximus' is the only classical version of this name. I'm a 22 year old citizen of Germany, living within a stone's throw to the right of what the Romans called <i>silva negra</i> and, looking to the left, I could the see the Vosges, were it not for the house in-between.

I left school 6 years ago in 10. grade and I'm now busy completing my high-school diploma independently, so that I can attend university. Latin happens to be one of the eight subjects I will be tested in and at the same time is something that I enjoy doing, often to the disadvantage of the other seven subjects. When time permits someday, I also wish to learn some ancient Greek.

Besides learning languages I enjoy doing sports and I'm fond of literature, especially Poetry, Philosophy and, as of recently, Drama, although until now my experience has been confined to mostly german authors, with a couple of frenchmen thrown in. To my great shame, the only english poet I've ever read is Lord Byron, even though I can read the language fairly compfortably.

As my Latin skills improve, I hope to contribute more to forum. Until then you will most likely see me asking stupid questions.

Also, bis dann!

Maximus

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:53 pm

Hallo, Maxime, grüß dich!
L. Amadeus Ranierius

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:50 am

Wilkommen, Maximus!
Vielen Glück für deinen Studien!

Maximus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Maximus » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 pm

Thanks guys, for the welcome!
mingshey wrote:Wilkommen, Maximus!
Vielen Glück für deinen Studien!
Thanks! I'm going to need it, as I'm very much behind shedule in a few subjects.

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:41 pm

A warm welcome from someone whose Latin is by now only barely better than her non existing German :oops: :) If you ever need any help with Greek though I'll do my best to help :D

Maximus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Maximus » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:14 am

Thank you Irene! My brother-in-law-to-be is Greek from Euboea and my father lives in Zyprus, so I do have enough opportunities to practice modern Greek, but someone, whom I could inquire about ancient Greek, has been missing so far. Alas, for now I must pester myself with memorizing Chemics rather than Greek paradigms.

Regards