Mozilla Firefox

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Socrates the Cyborg
Textkit Neophyte

Mozilla Firefox

Post by Socrates the Cyborg »

Has anyone else had trouble logging in or doing other things here at textkit with Firefox?

AgoNxRuS
Textkit Neophyte

Post by AgoNxRuS »

Perfectly find here...most of the time. Firefox has a few issues with Phpbb so it's only natural. It is perfectly computable with my favorite board, VBulletin.

Rhuiden
Textkit Fan

Post by Rhuiden »

I had a problem several months ago. All I had to do was delete my saved cookies for Textkit and it has worked fine ever since.

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

Hey Rhuiden -- It's good to see you around! I hadn't heard from you in a while. How's life?

As far as Firefox goes, I use it here always and have no problems.
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

Rhuiden
Textkit Fan

Post by Rhuiden »

edonnelly wrote:Hey Rhuiden -- It's good to see you around! I hadn't heard from you in a while. How's life?

As far as Firefox goes, I use it here always and have no problems.
Hi edonnely. I have not been on as much the last couple months. For two reasons really. First my wife gave birth to our third daughter 3 months ago so that has caused a change in our schedules as you can imagine. And second, I have been studying Reformed Theology intensely and it has monopolized what is left of my free time. It has been well worth the effort though. As a result of these things I have put my latin studies on hold for the time being. Thanks for asking though. How have you been?

I have been using Firefox for a year or more now and other than the corrupt cookie that I had to delete I have never had any problems here either.

Rhuiden

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Rhuiden wrote: First my wife gave birth to our third daughter 3 months ago so that has caused a change in our schedules as you can imagine.
Congratulations to you, your bride and your other children.
Rhuiden wrote: And second, I have been studying Reformed Theology intensely
Again; Congratulations. Are you enrolled in a school or is it all self study?

Socrates the Cyborg
Textkit Neophyte

Thanks for the cookie tip!

Post by Socrates the Cyborg »

That seems to have helped. I still find that I have to click the box that asks if I want to be logged in automatically, otherwise it won't log me in at all.

Rhuiden
Textkit Fan

Post by Rhuiden »

Bert wrote:Congratulations to you, your bride and your other children.
Thank you....God has truly blessed me!
Bert wrote:Again; Congratulations. Are you enrolled in a school or is it all self study?
Completely self study. I became interested in Reformed Theology after watching a discussion on the topic held during the 2006 SBC Pastors Conference.

Are you reformed in your theology?

Rhuiden
Textkit Fan

Re: Thanks for the cookie tip!

Post by Rhuiden »

Socrates the Cyborg wrote:That seems to have helped. I still find that I have to click the box that asks if I want to be logged in automatically, otherwise it won't log me in at all.
Check to make sure that you deleted all the passwords as well that are for textkit...you may have more that one. To get there choose Tools, Options, Security, Show Passwords. Delete all the textkit ones and close firefox....then try to log into textkit and see if it saves your password and logs you in automatically.

Rhuiden
Textkit Fan

Post by Rhuiden »

Bert wrote:Again; Congratulations. Are you enrolled in a school or is it all self study?
By the way...I have discovered that it helps me to write down my thoughts as I am working through my concerns / problems with reformed theology. It forces me to make sure, or at least attempt to, that my thought are logical and flow properly. Since I was doing this I decided to start a blog to record my writings there. It includes politics and sports as well. If anyone is interested you can check it out at http://www.sanctification.wordpress.com

Rhuiden

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Rhuiden wrote:Are you reformed in your theology?
Yes I am.

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

Rhuiden wrote:my wife gave birth to our third daughter 3 months ago
That's fantastic -- congratulations. My third (and second) just started kindergarten, so that wasn't too long ago for me.
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library