The Daily Thread - Saturday, 5 May 2007

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Didymus
Textkit Fan

The Daily Thread - Saturday, 5 May 2007

Post by Didymus »

Today I'd really like to make significant progress towards finishing Iliad 24. The goal for this weekend is to finish.

William
Textkit Fan

Post by William »

I have all day today and tomorrow for study and reflection. I plan to do significant study of French For Reading and D'Ooge as well as some reading in Lingua Latina.

I'll report back later with my progress.

Good luck all.

Best,
wb

Celtica
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Celtica »

I was awful. Didn't study a word of Latin. Slept all day instead. In my defense, I've had a frantic week and just needed that blob time to recoup. Back into it tomorrow though, definitely.

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

Today the goal is to redo Mastronarde unit 9. I have free time today so there is no excuse.
ἀλλ' ἔγωγε ἐξ αὐτῶν τούτων μᾶλλον αὐτὸν τεθαύμακα, ὅτι ἔν τε ἀλλοκότοις καὶ ἐν ἐξαισίοις πράγμασι αὐτός τε διεγένετο καὶ τὴν ἀρχὴν διεσώσατο. Dio LXXII 36.3

cdm2003
Textkit Fan

Post by cdm2003 »

Read more of LL.XXXVII...Priam and Hecuba. :cry:

Making great progress getting caught up in Pharr...half-way back to where I was in January (XX)...I hope to keep on truckin'.
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

plukidis wrote:I have free time today so there is no excuse.
me too...
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Didymus
Textkit Fan

Re: The Daily Thread - Saturday, 5 May 2007

Post by Didymus »

Didymus wrote:Today I'd really like to make significant progress towards finishing Iliad 24. The goal for this weekend is to finish.
I am pleased to report that my "odyssey" through the Iliad has ended. I have now read it all. :)

aloimonon
Textkit Member

Post by aloimonon »

I finished Mastronarde unit 9, along with the exercises. I'm back on track!
ἀλλ' ἔγωγε ἐξ αὐτῶν τούτων μᾶλλον αὐτὸν τεθαύμακα, ὅτι ἔν τε ἀλλοκότοις καὶ ἐν ἐξαισίοις πράγμασι αὐτός τε διεγένετο καὶ τὴν ἀρχὴν διεσώσατο. Dio LXXII 36.3

modus.irrealis
Textkit Zealot

Re: The Daily Thread - Saturday, 5 May 2007

Post by modus.irrealis »

Didymus wrote:I am pleased to report that my "odyssey" through the Iliad has ended. I have now read it all. :)
Congrats -- that's pretty cool. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to say the same, although other things in Greek than Homer are holding by interest nowadays.