Hello from Corpus Christi (TX)

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
TerryLewis
Textkit Neophyte

Hello from Corpus Christi (TX)

Post by TerryLewis »

Hello everyone,

I'm Terry from Corpus Christi (TX). Just started learning Latin for pleasure, as I'm already a retired professor and have a huge eternity of time :D

Best,
Terry

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

Re: Hello from Corpus Christi (TX)

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Welcome, Terry, you are writing from a city with a Latin name and I love your attitude! Out of curiosity, of what were you a professor?
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...

TerryLewis
Textkit Neophyte

Post by TerryLewis »

Hi Barry,

I was a Professor of Theatre at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Sometimes, with a strong desire and inspiration I directed dance and theatre productions. No wonder, my dissertation was based on The Utah Shakespeare Festival history.
Now, as I've done all that :D , I need a bit of rest and a couple of Latin words to vector my brain cells to continue working :wink:

Best regards,
Terry

Hylander
Textkit Zealot

Post by Hylander »

Hello, Terry! As a retired professor of theater, have you thought of learning Greek instead of or in addition to Latin, to gain access to what is one of the pinnacles of Greek and indeed world literature, namely, Greek drama? I would say that Greek is more difficult than Latin in the learning phase, but it eventually becomes as easy as or even easier than Latin.
Bill Walderman

hotcajun
Textkit Neophyte

Post by hotcajun »

Hello Terry,

If you are holding tight to Latin, our little group is digitizing the Artes Latinae -- the book: http://www.bolchazy.com/Assets/Bolchazy ... tinae.aspx our project: (hit me up for details) -- and helping with that project would certainly get you up to speed with Latin.

Mark