Hello

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
EberP
Textkit Neophyte

Hello

Post by EberP »

"I am an adult Greek beginner (currently intermediate beginner) in Mexico. I started my journey to learn ancient and modern Greek a year ago with the Greek Boy At Home text. I have been translating it, analyzing it, creating my own audio for it. Since then I have branched out to other texts, including Nichomachus' Arithmetic and Poryphy's Isagogue, along with some kathareousa and demotic texts for children. Along the way, I encounter difficulties with vocabulary and struggle with obscure constructions that colleagues sometimes cannot answer. I was led to this site and hope occasionally to be able to help other beginners who struggle, as well as broaden my knowledge with the expertise I find here.

Thanks, community at Textkit!"

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Hello

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit!

donhamiltontx
Textkit Member

Post by donhamiltontx »

EberP wrote:"Since then I have branched out to other texts, including Nichomachus' Arithmetic and Poryphy's Isagogue, along with some kathareousa and demotic texts for children."
Could you share with us the titles and sources of the texts for children you use?

EberP
Textkit Neophyte

Post by EberP »

Hi,

A while ago I got my hands on text from a university library in Thessaloniki from 1909, published in Smyrna and the title is Paramythia. The texts are written in Katharevousa or Demotic intended as an introductarory reading for children in 1st grade. A colleague and I transcribed manually (the Katharevousa is very easily adaptable into acient Greek and that is one thing we are considering).