Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
tfloyd
Textkit Neophyte

Post by tfloyd »

Hello everyone; I just registered, so I'll give a quick intro: I had my introduction to Greek in 1977/78 under a then young Stanley Lombardo. He taught first year Greek using passages of the Iliad with only Goodwin's Grammar and Liddell and Scott (No Pharr). In the second semester, we morphed into New Testament, which at the time was more my interest.

Anyway, life got in the way and I barely looked at Greek for 40 years. Now that I am retired, I have decided to get back into it and do a serious reading of Homer. After spending some months brushing up on the basics, I'm now plowing through the Iliad at the rate of about 50 lines per day (well, that's "plowing" for me; probably snoozing for most of you). Currently, I'm approaching the end of Book 4.

Once I feel sufficient mastery with Homer, I hope to delve into Attic, and at some point get into Latin. Oh, I forgot to mention, last year before starting Homer, I read Mark, Matthew, and all the Pauline epistles. Eventually, I'll get around to the entire NT.

- Tom
Last edited by tfloyd on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Newbie

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Tom!

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

Re: Newbie

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Tom, great to see that you are getting back to it (it's hard for me to imagine a better retirement hobby, but that's just me). Don't worry about speed, just take it at your own pace and the speed will take care of itself.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...