New member from the Philippines

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
malolosgreencat
Textkit Member

New member from the Philippines

Post by malolosgreencat »

Hello. I'm Ralph, college graduate from the Philippines and helping out in my parent's store for the last 2 years. As for why I'm interested in learning Attic Greek...it's because of this story I'm writing.

Yes, I really am going as far as learning an ancient language for my story, which I hope in the future, once I finish it, would be the first non-Japanese Light Novel to break into the Light Novel market, and hope to see it animated in my lifetime. Unfortunately, I have hit the limits of what I can understand of Attic Greek on my own without asking for explanations from other people. So, here I am.

...the reason may not be very academic or pure hearted, but on my part I'm seeing this project through until the bitter end.

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: New member from the Philippines

Post by jeidsath »

Welcome!
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com