Future of Textkit

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
daivid
Administrator

Re: Future of Textkit

Post by daivid »

I am able to delete spam accounts and will do so. It is clear that inactive accounts have been being deleted up until recently so clearly others thought this to be good practice.
λονδον

daivid
Administrator

Post by daivid »

The Textkit Forum Rules should make it quite clear that for new users to place links anywhere not just in posts will result in automatic deletion of accounts.

All the most recent accounts without posts but infested with link spam have been deleted but there is still a large backlog of older spam accounts to be deleted.
λονδον

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Looks like things are heading in a nice direction. - Jeff
Textkit Founder

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

@Jeff, the email not working issue may have gotten buried (see the previous page). Please let me know if I can help out with that, or with upgrading the phpbb spam module, etc.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Post by thesaurus »

Thanks to everyone for teaming up to take on the spam and backlogs. I had been trying to do it for a while, but then life got in the way (Peace Corps, then a baby!), so I sadly was not keeping up with mod duties.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

My gratitude to the new moderator team for all the efforts to maintain this invaluable site, and nice to see Jeff again.
Live long and prosper! \\//, :D