Do you have a song stuck in your head?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Do you have a song stuck in your head?

Post by GlottalGreekGeek »

And if so, what song?

Currently, "The Anniversary Song" (as sung by Al Jolson) is running through my head.

Celtica
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Celtica »

Felice Navidad. The longer it's stuck in my head, the less I like it.

viking84
Textkit Neophyte

Post by viking84 »

Don't ask me why but, a Frisian Christian song I learned when I was 8 is running through my head. It says 'God revealed heaven on earth'.

viking84
Textkit Neophyte

Post by viking84 »

Celtica wrote:Felice Navidad. The longer it's stuck in my head, the less I like it.
hehe. Adeste, Fideles was stuck in my head for a couple of weeks. Finally I got rid of it :D.

quendidil
Textkit Member

Post by quendidil »

The ending theme from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. Hare Hare Yukai. However occasionally, my brain switches to the opening theme in the middle of the song, has anyone ever felt that before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GRkW-d0hTY

Hu

Post by Hu »

The music from Star Wars: ANH when the Devastator captures the Tantive IV.

Amadeus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Amadeus »

Mostly Christmas carols. Right now it's Joy to the World, sung by Charlotte Church. It's a little annoying when you can't get it out of your mind, but once you do, you wanna hear it again. :P
Lisa: Relax?! I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God! I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!

Homer: Well it's always in the last place you look.

CanadianGirl
Textkit Fan

Post by CanadianGirl »

When I get up in the morning, a list of Joanie Mitchell songs starts playing in my head. Right now it's "Raised on Robbery" ('He was sittin' in the lounge of the Empire Hotel-He was drinkin' for diversion, he was thinkin' for himself...') Paige.

Kopio
Global Moderator

Post by Kopio »

Ahhhh.....I have the cure for any song stuck in your head. This is guarenteed to get any unwanted song out of your head immedeately.....

ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL, ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL, ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL, ITS A SMALL, SMALL WORLD.

See....works every time :twisted:

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by ingrid70 »

Celtica wrote:Felice Navidad. The longer it's stuck in my head, the less I like it.
Why o why did I read this topic :evil: ? I wanna wish you a merry christmas...

Ingrid (who has once worked in a shop in december. I could hang, draw and quarter Rudolf the Red-nosed raindeer by the end of it, but this song was the second in the list of songs I don't ever want to hear again.)

euphony
Textkit Neophyte

Post by euphony »

CanadianGirl wrote:When I get up in the morning, a list of Joanie Mitchell songs starts playing in my head. Right now it's "Raised on Robbery" ('He was sittin' in the lounge of the Empire Hotel-He was drinkin' for diversion, he was thinkin' for himself...') Paige.
Can't go wrong with Joni, Paige. I think I listen to Hejira three times a week.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

FAT JOE "GET IT POPPIN"

although i hate on the track but you know scott storch beat doth not retreat!

Paul
Textkit Zealot

Post by Paul »

"7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Blow Your Whistle" by Gary Toms Empire has been playing in my head for the last 30 years.

Don't nobody here even pretend to know this song!

-pb

cdm2003
Textkit Fan

Post by cdm2003 »

Christmas carols are constantly swimming through my head...you can't go anywhere without hearing them these days. When I'm not out, my kids drive me nuts with a copy of "Dragostea Din Tei" (I guess it's a big Internet thing :D ).
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae

ndansmith
Textkit Neophyte

Post by ndansmith »

"Fewer Broken Pieces" by David Bazan has been stuck in my head for several months.

GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Post by GlottalGreekGeek »

As I was walking to the video rental store, I got "Ikari o komete hashire" (yes, it's a Japanese song) stuck in my head. Actually, it's still stuck in my head, it's just been playing so quietly I barely notice it.

I've never gotten a portable music player (such as portable CD player or iPod) because songs get stuck in my head. Songs get stuck in my head more than I like - why should I aggravate the problem by having real music playing in my head all the time? Oh well, usually the songs which get stuck in my head are pretty good - and if they're not, I can think of a song I *do* like to drive it out.

Kasper
Textkit Zealot

Post by Kasper »

Presently it's "Lily Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts", of Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks album. Not only does the melody continue to play around in my head, the lyrics are highly entertaining. They also provide a nice 'whodunnit'.
“Cum ego verbo utar,” Humpty Dumpty dixit voce contempta, “indicat illud quod optem – nec plus nec minus.”
“Est tamen rogatio” dixit Alice, “an efficere verba tot res indicare possis.”
“Rogatio est, “Humpty Dumpty responsit, “quae fiat magister – id cunctum est.”

Bardo de Saldo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Bardo de Saldo »

My legitimate and I have a little trick we like to play on each other: While one is distracted with some chore, the other will whistle or hum in the background the cheesiest song imaginable at that time; hours later, the one will be singing that song whole-heartedly while asking: "How did that song get in my head?"

My deadliest weapons are Boney M's songs!

ÓBuadhaigh
Textkit Member

Post by ÓBuadhaigh »

Amhran na Scaddan - our island anthem. Since I can't get rid of the tune I just make up different words each time. Hopefully, no one will ever hear my versions out loud...
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.