Check on my review

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Check on my review

Post by Episcopus »

a----------
Last edited by Episcopus on Fri May 11, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swiftnicholas
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by swiftnicholas »

Very informative, E., even though I've never heard a JoJo song, and suspect somehow that I'll be happier if I never do. Do you write her love poems with spondaic endings, or, even better, in ithyphallic meter? I was surprised to see Scott Storch's name associated with it, although I guess he's pimping himself out to everyone these days. He was the s*** with The Roots. I hope you're listening to some good hiphop music too. Perhaps you'll do some research at Cambridge comparing hiphop to Pindar's victory songs. If so, you might do well to take Bundy's advice about Pindar and see that the seemingly disjointed images and metaphors of rap music are all held together by one theme: the rapper's goal to praise himself and win the competition, and of course the paper (rather than praising someone else who has already won and paid him for a song). I love the rhythm and meter of hiphop that is missing from so much written poetry today. Too bad some of the more interesting stuff never sees the light of day. When are you going to give us a review of Cambridge? Stop being so modest! Where are the best places to throw bouncy balls? Can Mary Beard beat you in armwrestling? Are the professors all afraid of whiteoctave?? Peace out, N.

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

---------
Last edited by Episcopus on Fri May 11, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

swiftnicholas
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by swiftnicholas »

Quite right, E., I hate when people jump to conclusions out of ignorance, and yet there I go. Maybe I'm becoming old and out of style myself. Since I value your opinion, what I'm going to do, immediately after finishing this post in the college library, is casually flex my arms (no protein pellets and gyms, son, but just meat and heavy stones) and take the first freshman girl who glides magnetically to me through the stacks back to her room and have a listen to this new album. I'll be delighted if I'm mistaken and she really does have soul like a skinny pale Aretha, but even if she doesn't, there's always Das Inverse Law. I'm surprised that it hasn't gotten you an honorary degree yet: over two years and cats still be sleepin. Do you ever hang a paper marked "1/" above the lectern before taking in a lecture? Although if you forgot to take it down for Dr Diggle he might sound like me. I'll let you know what I think of JoX2. PS: How are you coming with Greek?

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

----------------
Last edited by Episcopus on Fri May 11, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Post by GlottalGreekGeek »

Well, I got sooooo curious about this Jojo that I went to the local music store and listened to a little of this album (at this store they let you listen to CDs for free before you buy them - or not buy them), and I liked what little I heard, but I'd have to listen to more and longer to be sure if this was worth buying. Unfortunately, the music store was about to close, so my listening session was truncated.